Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Bethanyrushes

Do u ever feel like u arent as good as evry1 else?

I wonder if its just me who feels like this. I don't know if its cos of the bad self esteem I suffer from, but everytime I go out I feel like I cant speak to people much, I feel like everyone is looking at me and thinking how fat/ugly/bad dress sense/weird I look, even though when I am being logical i know they probably aren't. Its really driving me mad. Is there a name for this? eusa_wall.gif

sometimes i used to feel like that, when my acne was at its worst. you feel like a second class individual, and that people are looking at you like its your fault: maybe you dont eat healthily, wash properly, whatever. but now my acne is getting better, i realise that people genuinely dont feel that way, its just the way we think of our selves. when i see someone with bad acne, the only thing that i think is i hope it gets better.

there will always be some dicks out there who take the piss, but thats the same for everything, acne included

i think its called body dysmorphia or something, when you blow things out of proportion and make problems from nothing. im sure theres a link relating to it on the homepage of this site or something.

I feel like that when I'm alone, and that's when acne really gets to me... It makes me not want to go in public.

But when I'm around people and socializing and stuff... I just forget I have acne and it doesn't bother me at all. Only when I'm alone it gets to me...

I wonder if its just me who feels like this. I don't know if its cos of the bad self esteem I suffer from, but everytime I go out I feel like I cant speak to people much, I feel like everyone is looking at me and thinking how fat/ugly/bad dress sense/weird I look, even though when I am being logical i know they probably aren't. Its really driving me mad. Is there a name for this?  eusa_wall.gif

haha, i'm not trying to bring humor into a serious issue here but reading this made me remember something. last summer, all i would do was bitch and complain to my friends about every "physical beauty" dilemma to my friend and...[i don't blame her either] but one day my best friend just irritably points out, "GEEZ, YOU KNOW! NOT EVERYTHING IS ABOUT YOU!" and it really made me think...the problems you think other people see and talk shit about...sometimes no one even bothers to pay attention to. we all got our own problems, i'd like to see just how many assholes make it a point in their day to call out other people's physical imperfections cuz i'm sure the number would be relatively lower than we might expect.

Guest Amy Lee

Sometimes we get bothered by our own problems that we conclude that others also think of us that same way. If we think too much of our acne, then getting out meeting people outside seems like they're also staring at our acne.

My take on this is to stop too much overthinking, a little concern for our problems is good, but excessive is not. People might not be seeing us the way we see ourselves.