Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

i dont give a fuck wat derms say

derms don't know YOUR skin as well as u know your own!

lately ive been getting these pimples as aresult of inflamed whiteheads....

i notice if i pop it once the the white pus is showing it goes away and heals fast and the mark is not so dark

HOWever...i took the advice of derm and didnt pop my other pimples HOWEVER>.........they were pimples to begin with but when i didnt pop them the white pus head just disappeared and it just became a fucking lump, a papstule...

now its just sitting on my face like some fat buddhas refusing to die and go to buddhahood!

so people........POP away!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

grrrrr

does anyone expereince the same shits?

Yeah, some of them papules like to just chill out on your face for the longest time. But I found out when I pop them they don't always go away, they come back sometimes, and I don't want to take the chance of scarring.

I just leave the little red fuckers alone untill they either go down or pop themselves, but woteva happens i get a fuckin red mark so fuck the fucking fuckers eusa_dance.gif

Yeah, some of them papules like to just chill out on your face for the longest time.  But I found out when I pop them they don't always go away, they come back sometimes, and I don't want to take the chance of scarring.

Don't pop them--perform/or get a doctor to perform "acne surgery" on them.

The danger with popping--and acne self-surgery--is that you irritate the zit and force the inflammation into deeper layers of the skin. The deeper the inflammation, the bigger the changes of scarring.

That said, any long-term acne-sufferer knows that cleaning out those zits that BEG to be popped helps speed up the healing. That is because a) you get oxygen flowing into the cozy anaerobic abode of the P Acnes bacteria and b) you rid it of its food source, the impacted sebum.

The trouble with acne self-surgery is that you have to know what zits are ready to be opened and cleaned out, and which ones need to be left alone. If you try surgery on an unripe one, you won't get all the gunk out. Then oxygen won't reach the bottom of the follicle where the P Acnes bacteria are having a party. Worse, your administrations may help break the follicular wall deep under the skin and the party guests and their detritus flow next door, irritating the neighbouring cells and follicles. Or you introduce some unruly guests, staphylococcus and streptococcus into the party. Those guys can get WILD.

If you know your skin and can tell a ripe pimple from a dangerous one, do acne surgery the pro way: wash your hands. Disinfect the skin with a BP product. Disinfect a needle by passing it through a flame. Wipe the needle with alcohol so as not to give yourself a soot tattoo. Scratch/poke the MIDDLE of the white pushead gently with the needle. If pus starts flowing out without squeezing, the pimple is pretty ready. Wrap your fingertips in toilet paper (don't use the one from the bathroom--it's covered with bacteria) and give the pimple ONE VERY GENTLE squeeze. You need to keep your fingers far enough from the center so the squeeze forces make the middle of the pimple point upwards and out. If you've judged the pimple right, you'll probably need to clean the mirror next. If nothing comes out, LEAVE IT ALONE. In either case, put benzoyl peroxide on it.

LEGAL NOTICE: sorting bad advice from good advice is your responsibility. I'm washing my hands. eusa_angel.gif

See also Dan's collection of pimple-popping advice: http://www.acne.org/pop.html

Don't pop them--perform/or get a doctor to perform "acne surgery" on them. 

The danger with popping--and acne self-surgery--is that you irritate the zit and force the inflammation into deeper layers of the skin.  The deeper the inflammation, the bigger the changes of scarring.

That said, any long-term acne-sufferer knows that cleaning out those zits that BEG to be popped helps speed up the healing. That is because a) you get oxygen flowing into the cozy anaerobic abode of the P Acnes bacteria and b) you rid it of its food source,  the impacted sebum.

The trouble with acne self-surgery is that you have to know what zits are ready to be opened and cleaned out, and which ones need to be left alone. If you try surgery on an unripe one, you won't get all the gunk out. Then oxygen won't reach the  bottom of the follicle where the P Acnes bacteria are having a party. Worse, your administrations may help break the follicular wall deep under the skin and the party guests and their detritus flow next door, irritating the neighbouring cells and follicles. Or you introduce some unruly guests, staphylococcus and streptococcus into the party. Those guys can get WILD.

If you know your skin and can tell a ripe pimple from a dangerous one, do acne surgery the pro way: wash your hands. Disinfect the skin with a BP product. Disinfect a needle by passing it through a flame. Wipe the needle with alcohol so as not to give yourself a soot tattoo. Scratch/poke the MIDDLE of the white pushead gently with the needle.  If pus starts flowing out without squeezing, the pimple is pretty ready.  Wrap your fingertips in toilet paper (don't use the one from the bathroom--it's covered with bacteria) and give the pimple ONE VERY GENTLE  squeeze. You need to keep your fingers far enough from the center so the squeeze forces make the middle of the pimple point upwards and out.  If you've judged the pimple right, you'll probably need to clean the mirror next.  If nothing comes out, LEAVE IT ALONE.  In either case, put benzoyl peroxide on it.

LEGAL NOTICE: sorting bad advice from good advice is your responsibility. I'm washing my hands.  eusa_angel.gif

See also Dan's collection of pimple-popping advice: http://www.acne.org/pop.html

To be honest, I notice that i get a red mark whether i pop my pimples or i leave it alone...so if that is the case, wouldn't it be better to pop them so that they can heal faster....or this that just my messed up skin?

I saw your pics and your skin looks pretty perfect. I dont think you have much to worry about with going to derms etc. Just be careful so you don't scar. My skin used to look so good before scarring came into play. And those scars came about after a derm gave me products that dried out my skin so bad that it couldn't heal properly. Be careful with derms.

lol. My first cyst started out as a painful whitehead. I decided not to touch it....bad idea!

Guest Amy Lee
My acne is clearing up, it's not like I never had it to begin with.  My redmarks are still quite bad, sometimes that's all that's on my mind.  I still suffer from S.A.D, even though I am getting clearer I try to help those that are looking for answers for their acne problems.  Thanks for making me feel welcome here though  neutral.gif

My acne is clearing up, it's not like I never had it to begin with.  My redmarks are still quite bad, sometimes that's all that's on my mind.  I still suffer from S.A.D, even though I am getting clearer I try to help those that are looking for answers for their acne problems.  Thanks for making me feel welcome here though  neutral.gif

eric buddy, ames was just praising how good your skin is hehe, that's why she was saying you shouldn't be here in acne.org when you don't have bad skin eusa_angel.gif  I actually like to hear that comment hehe

eric buddy, ames was just praising how good your skin is hehe, that's why she was saying you shouldn't be here in acne.org when you don't have bad skin eusa_angel.gif  I actually like to hear that comment hehe

Thanks the the compliments guys. Thanx Ames, I thought it was one of them comments people like to post to others that have/had no acne and come here and post their pics.

Thanks the the compliments guys.  Thanx Ames, I thought it was one of them comments people like to post to others that have/had no acne and come here and post their pics.

Guest Amy Lee
hahah

yeah i notice my form of compliments sometimes take a wrong turn for instance

why does your skin look loose and flabby = u lost weight

u look less ugly today= u look good today...

u have joined the world of the living = u are veryyyy entertaining

sigh..ineed to change my approach with compliments........

sighhhhhh

ames