Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

I was reading a post by Botchla and his regimen that he came up with. The post was made back in 2003 and soo many people have replied to it, there is 61 PAGES. If you've read it, is this regimen any good? here it is:

MORNING:

-Wet face with warm/slightly hot water

-Wash with Clean & Clear Blackhead Clearing Scrub (salicylic acid)

-Massage into face for about 45 seconds to a minute.

-Wash off, Pat Dry.

NIGHT:

-Same thing as morning. (Clean & Clear Blackhead Clearing Scrub)

-Apply Clean & Clear Continuous Control (benzoyl peroxide)

-Gently massage into face for about 30-45 seconds

-Wash off, Pat Dry.

Sound good? If you've used it, have you had good results? I'm thinking about using this regimen..

Here's the link to the post if you've never read it:

http://www.acne.org/messageboard/index.php...ore%20pads&st=0

It works for me. One thing to note is that it takes a while to work. I don't know why. I was previously clear on Dan's regime but i didn't want to have to take the time to put bp on my face every morning and night. I figured since i was allready using bp my face wouldnt have an initial break out but i was wrong. The first week was ok and then i started to break out and continued to for the next 4 weeks. Around the fifth or sixth week i started to get clear and have remained prett clear since. I only get 1 or 2 small pimples every once in a while. Give it a shot.

I tried it for a while, didn't care for the C&C blackhead scrub, espically twice a day, way too irritating for me. I don't really care for BP washes either, I feel like the BP in the washes doesn't do as much as a topical gel or cream.

Guest TylerD

Alot of ppl like this regimen. But for some ppl its just not strong enough. Alot of ppl need an actual cream they can leave on where this regimen is all just cleansers and such but try it out see how it works no harm in trying different things.

This is my fifth day using these C&C products. They are clearing what active pimples I did have. I just hope the second week doesnt turn to shit like it did to Superman87.

Guest TylerD

Hopefully all goes well for you and also Panoxyl wash works really well i used that instead of CC benzoyl peroxide 5% and i was pretty much 100% clear with just the wash and a scrub once a week.

i tried dis regimen for the 1st time 2day, but instead of da CC blackhead, i used da st. ives apricot scrub blemish and blackhead control which also has 2% salicylic acid...i used dis regimen in da shower 2day, i had like two small blackheads b4 steppin in2 da shower n afta usin dis regimen n wen i got out from da shower n looked in da mirror i saw dat da two small blackheads r now white heads like da pus popped out so i jus popped both of dem...i wonder if any1 has experienced dis, i was surprised wen i got out da shower, b4 shower blackheads, afta usin da regimen whiteheads... :confused:

its better to use creams. 2.0% SA cream in the morning and 2.5% BP at night works better.

thats what im using right now and im clear. PLUS the biggest benefit is that you barely produce any oil. i have oily skin and this is the first time after 3 years that im not producing oil.

i use neutrogena's on-the-spot/cvs 2.5% BP and neutrogena's 3-in-1 hydrating treatment.

That was what I tried when I first came here, and while it worked some, I eventually moved onto Dan's regimen. For me, the BP element was more effective as a leave on cream, and SA didn't do my skin any good.

It's a good test, though, to see how well your skin handles BP and SA.

Well, Ive been on Botchlas regimen for about two weeks and I, along other members of my family, have noticed a slight difference. My face isnt irritated at all, its smoother, not as oily, and the red marks are actually lighter. It does take time though, nothing is ever instant. So, Im going to continue with this simple regimen and see how it goes. :D