Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
lostwitness

Anyone else have social anxiety disorder?

yeah i know I do......the only time I really feel comfortable out with people is when I am a little buzzed or drunk......I know- sad isn't it. Other than that, I always feel like people are looking at my oily pimply face and scars. And the funny thing is, I KNOW that my acne is not nearly as bad as other people's, but I FEEL like it is, and I always feel like people are staring at it. People tell me "Oh you have great skin", "Acne, what acne?" But they don't know because I am an artist at covering it perfectly with makeup. They have no idea what i really look like- which is even more frustrating than anything else.

No one sees what i see- that's what makes me so uncomfortable all the time, because I always feel like I am trying to hide something.

~Cindy

Hi, I think a lot of us have anxiety disorder.

** Basically if this acne has a big affect on how you think and act and affects your everyday life then its a disorder. This oculd be like missing school, work, social events. Not being able to go near busy places as it will make you anxious. All that kinda shit.

And don't even start on the depression!

I think I have a hint of it but it's not debilitating. I just think everyone is out to get me and is always talking about me. But that could also be paranoia..ha.

I hate going out to get a haircut. The lighting always makes my scars look like crap. Anyone else feel that way.

Yeah, at lot of people here seem to have problems with getting their haircut. I do. The lighting in those places is the worst. I only go on my good skin days...and that's not often so my hair doesn't look too great.

Grrr.. I've had social anxiety disorder for a while now and the acne simply isn't helping. Just wondering if anyone out there is on the same boat.

k you people should watch the movie what the bleep do we know. It has some interesting information on emotional problems.