Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Wellbeing

I had two nosebleeds today !

Hi,

I've just started on roaccutane 40mg. Everything WAS going well until today, when I had two nosebleeds. The first one was right after lunch and the second one was when i was showering before bed.

I've been told that nosebleeds are a side effect but having two in a day is kinda scary. Has anyone else experienced this at all before ?

My daughter got nosebleeds quite frequently and yes 2 a day was not unusual. Try putting a little vaseline on a q-tip in each nostril. There is also a product called Ayr that is very soothing. I've heard people doing well with nose sprays (moisturizing type) I'm not sure what products are available in the UK. Your nostrils are drying out so moisturizing them will help. Keep drinking lots of water.

i did have nosebleeds after the increased dosage.. bled about 3 times.. and i never have nose bleeds.. anyways.. i dont have them anymore.. id rink tons of water.. and when my nose is dry.. i put vaseline up there.. seems to work for me..

Hi,

I've just started on roaccutane 40mg. Everything WAS going well until today, when I had two nosebleeds. The first one was right after lunch and the second one was when i was showering before bed.

I've been told that nosebleeds are a side effect but having two in a day is kinda scary. Has anyone else experienced this at all before ?

Hi,

Hey i have a solution for you.

First of all, vaseline seems liek a bad idea. Its not the sort of thing you wanna tick up ur nose.

Try polysporin or neosporin.

These two no only keep you nsoe hydrated, but is more liquidly compared to vaseline.

First of all,  vaseline seems liek a bad idea. Its not the sort of thing you wanna tick up ur nose.

These two no only keep you nsoe hydrated, but is more liquidly compared to vaseline.

nosebleeds can be avoided completely with Aquaphor... jsut shove some up into each nostril... i've never had a nosebleed ever since i started using Aquaphor for the nose...biggrin.gif

half a gallon of gatorade a day... wtf, that is not a good idea in any way not to mention the price. Gatorade only speeds up hydration, it won't help hydration in the long term, drinking 1/2 a gallon will just be adding a lot of unnecessary salt to your diet.

First of all,  vaseline seems liek a bad idea. Its not the sort of thing you wanna tick up ur nose.