Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
ArcticMonkey

post dermabrasion query

hi guys, well i called Dr Yarborough yesterday, and he told me to go and see my derm, and i told him i had an appointment with my derm in 4 weeks time, although he thought that was leaving it to long, so i called my derm's receptionist, and asked to get an appointment sooner, although there is none availabe, so anyway i asked Dr Y the name of thr cream that he would want me to use in order to try and clear this ugly skin up, so he told me the name of it, and i just went to one of those websites where you can purchase prescription medication withought the prescription, and i bought it, alhtough it says it wont be here for 10-20days!! argh!!! and it cost be $50!!! i don't even think it will work, but i'll try anything! i dont even know if i trust that dodgy website where i purchased it from, they prob just took my money and won't send me anything, as i didn't even get a confirmation e-mail from them or anything! i think i am seriously doomed!

I agree with Sword, it's a good idea to get a local dermatologist to have a look at your skin. I am nearly 4 weeks post-op and thought I had hyperpigmentation, but after seeing my local derm here, he told me that it was just my skin healing and the slight hyperpigmentation would go on its own.  So I'm glad I won't need to use the triluma yet.  It's hard for Cass and Dr. Y to diagnose over the phone, it's easier for someone to actually see your skin, or perhaps you can take some photos and send them to Dr. Y?

Hey, there

How are you healing, Your the person from Austalia right.  You are 1 month post improvement correct.  In your opinion was thsi procedure worth your while or was it more hype.  I personally notice improvement and I guess I am maybe 1 and about half in recovering, hopefully in another two weeks, I can leave the house without make-up, I don't know how you ladies do it,  It takes a lot of prep time to get that stuff to look just right.  Good luck healing.

Hi folks, can anyone tell me when i can start doing peels on my chin area??? i am nearly 10 weeks post dermabrasion, and the whole chin situation looks worse than it did before, it is riddled with scarring, and i want to do a series of 10% TCA to see if that will help smooth the scarring out. Would it be safe enought to start the peels in about 2 weeks time? because i will then be 3 months post dermabrasion.

My cheeks have turned out fine, its only my chin.....WHY?!?!?!

Anyway someone please let me know.

Thanks

MissShady,

Your appointment with your local derm is coming up soon, right? Why don't you ask him about the 10% TCA peel.

Dont' know if this makes sense, my guess is at this point your new skin will be "burned more" by the 10% TCA peel than normal skin. If you absolutely can't wait, I would test a very very small spot on your demabraded skin with the TCA (say under your chin) , and see how it reacts.

At 15 weeks I am still very pink. In restrospect, I should have asked Dr. Y to dermabrade a small spot under my chin and see how long it takes to heal.

Sword

Hi Sword, yes my appointment with my local derm is on the 20th of June, so it's not to long away, although i don't know if he will be able to help much, as he doesn't do any scar revision work. But i will ask him when he thinks it will be safe enough for me to do the TCA peels, he should be able to give me a rough idea of when it will be safe.

I don't want to keep bothering Dr Yarborough about the whole chin issue, as i have already called about 3 times regarding it, although he said the hydrocortisone would eliminate the problem, but i now know that this is not the case, it is most definately scarring, as part of the area i am concerned about is white (scar tissue), and there is no hair in that area, not that i have a beard or anything, lol, but everyone has very fine hair on their chin, but in the area i am concerned about there is none, and also the texture when you run your finger over it feels different.

It sounds insane but this scarring is making me ill, i cant stop thinking and obsessing about it. To think that just 10 weeks ago that area was perfect, with no scarring what so ever, it makes me sick to my stomach. I knew there were risks with this procedure, but i just never thought that i would end up with more scarring as a result. i am just so unbelievably paranoid about it all. cry.gif

Hi Miss Shady,

So sorry you are having issues with your chin. My dermabrasion with Dr. Y was a few weeks prior to your derm. The dermabrasion was more of an emotional toll on me and my family than what I was prepared, but I have to admit I did get results. Anyway to your question I am not sure about TCA, but I have used lactic acid on some of my rolling scars when I was about 2 months post. You probably should talk to your local derm. My skin has tolerated the lactic acid if I do not leave it on very long.

Just be careful

K9lover

Been there.  Your best bet is to do some research and find out who is the best plastic sergeon in your region and have it corrected.  I went through this twice, the first demerabration turned out horribly then I had it corrected by another doctor.  Same thing happened last year,  and another doctor had to fix it.

It was a nose job and I found it embarrasing, of course.  As it is now I am satisfied with the results.

Wow..Thank you for your prompt answer, as I have a problem with my nose too..I wont go into detail, after all this is MissShadys topic and I wll respect that...you are very fortunate to find a Dr. who was skilled, to correct your nose....I only hope for the same...in Chicago descent surgeons/Drs. are few and far between.

Wow..Thank you for your prompt answer, as I have a problem with my nose too..I wont go into detail, after all this is MissShadys topic and I wll respect that...you are very fortunate to find a Dr. who was skilled, to correct your nose....I only hope for the same...in Chicago descent surgeons/Drs. are few and far between.