Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
timy

My experience so far...

I know before I went on accutane I used to read the forums and enjoyed reading the experiences of members on this drug. I never really thought of myself as going on it. From what I heard, it was a "scary" drug that was only needed with severe acne, which I didn't really associate with myself.

Well, so far I am about a month and half into it. Started on 40mg for the first month, now I am on 80mg. I must say the only regret so far is that I didn't go on this stuff a long time ago. I thought my face would of exploded by the initial breakout, and while it wasn't extremely awful, it was definitely bearable.

Before one of the things I was very self concious about was oily skin. My face was always shiney, especially during the summer season. I had to wipe my forehead and nose off multiple times in a day, and it still looked bad. Now, I can go all day and it looks like I just got out of the shower. Thats worth the blood tests and traveling to see the doc just right there.

I guess one of the major differences in my initial breakout I was exposed to was my forehead exploded. I felt a lot of lumps, many of them hurt, some popped up as zits, but in a weird way I was kind of happy. Reason was because before accutane I had the little weird flesh looking zits all on my forehead, and I guess by seeing my forehead break out I'm hoping accutane is pushing it all out so hopefully I can enjoy a clear forehead.

The rest of my face has been doing pretty damn good, I still get a pimple here and there but it's not big deal. I can't believe how smooth my face is, just washing it in the shower I'm amazed. My face is pretty red from the medication, though, but it's no big deal.

Side effects= I know some people really complained about this part. Some people are going to react differently to the meds, of course. The only dominant side effect I've encountered has been dry lips, and I rarely put chap stick on, and I'm sure my lips show for it, only because I am lazy and forget. I have the red flushing in my face. I've had some times when my joints felt sore, but it didn't last long.

I may be leaving something out, and I still have a few more months to go, but I am really excited. Before, it seemed like you were always taking a gamble with trying something new, and even then your face may get "used to it" but now I honestly feel like accutane may hopefully fix this dreadful "skin disease" I've had to suffer with for so many years.

If anyone has any questions that I could help with I'd be more than happy to assist. Just thought I'd give my own little opinion on this drug. Don't be scared!

Thanks, Timy!

I'm glad to hear that you're having such success on accutane! biggrin.gif I'm in the same boat you are... the Crazy Happy boat!! Keep us posted about your treatment!! it always helps to share experiences!!

I know before I went on accutane I used to read the forums and enjoyed reading the experiences of members on this drug. I never really thought of myself as going on it. From what I heard, it was a "scary" drug that was only needed with severe acne, which I didn't really associate with myself.

Well, so far I am about a month and half into it. Started on 40mg for the first month, now I am on 80mg. I must say the only regret so far is that I didn't go on this stuff a long time ago. I thought my face would of exploded by the initial breakout, and while it wasn't extremely awful, it was definitely bearable.

Before one of the things I was very self concious about was oily skin. My face was always shiney, especially during the summer season. I had to wipe my forehead and nose off multiple times in a day, and it still looked bad. Now, I can go all day and it looks like I just got out of the shower. Thats worth the blood tests and traveling to see the doc just right there.

I guess one of the major differences in my initial breakout I was exposed to was my forehead exploded. I felt a lot of lumps, many of them hurt, some popped up as zits, but in a weird way I was kind of happy. Reason was because before accutane I had the little weird flesh looking zits all on my forehead, and I guess by seeing my forehead break out I'm hoping accutane is pushing it all out so hopefully I can enjoy a clear forehead.

The rest of my face has been doing pretty damn good, I still get a pimple here and there but it's not big deal. I can't believe how smooth my face is, just washing it in the shower I'm amazed. My face is pretty red from the medication, though, but it's no big deal.

Side effects= I know some people really complained about this part. Some people are going to react differently to the meds, of course. The only dominant side effect I've encountered has been dry lips, and I rarely put chap stick on, and I'm sure my lips show for it, only because I am lazy and forget. I have the red flushing in my face. I've had some times when my joints felt sore, but it didn't last long.

I may be leaving something out, and I still have a few more months to go, but I am really excited. Before, it seemed like you were always taking a gamble with trying something new, and even then your face may get "used to it" but now I honestly feel like accutane may hopefully fix this dreadful "skin disease" I've had to suffer with for so many years.

If anyone has any questions that I could help with I'd be more than happy to assist. Just thought I'd give my own little opinion on this drug. Don't be scared!