Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
ndmgal

Has anyone tried dermablend

I tried it once. bought it from QVC because of their 30 day money back policy. I personally didn't like it. It was too heavy and felt like a mask! Hope that helps.

Dermablend provides opaque coverage and when set with the Setting Powder, it can last all day (just carefully dab away excess oils) and you can swim and shower with it on (again, carefully dab dry afterwards).

Dermablend also has a leg and body cover creme too. Again, when set properly, it is almost immovable even against minor rubbing.

Both Dermablend products come in a multitude of colors which can be blended to accomodate any skintone.

Pesonally, I have about 2 shades that I use on a consistent basis and 2 other shades that I rarely use for blending purposes. And on days that I don't need heavy duty coverage, I just use the cover creme without the setting powder.

I'm not into Dermablend...I don't find it to be any more effective than a lot of drugstore brands applied correctly. Just more expensive.

Dermablend provides opaque coverage and when set with the Setting Powder, it can last all day (just carefully dab away excess oils) and you can swim and shower with it on (again, carefully dab dry afterwards).

i was just wondering... Yknow dermablend... well i was thinking of getting some but im a bit tight for cash at the 'mo- is it essential that you buy the remover- or can you just wash it off with hot water and cleanser?? All i want to buy is the actual foundaton- thats pricey enough. thanks! eusa_angel.gif

I use Dermablend like an ordinary concealer....I apply it with a concealer brush and I only set with the Setting Powder on oilier areas of the face (primarily the T-zone) and near creases so it will last longer.

Personally, I don't use the Dermablend cleanser either. I find it leaves a very heavy residue, which would be fine for those with dry/mature skin. I use either the Glycolic Cleanser or Daily Ritual cleanser from Serious Skin Care. These cleansers do such an excellent job that they don't require a toner afterwards.

Hi,

I have tried Derma blend cover creme and recently smooth indulgence, hoping thsi product line would deliver the promised coverage without making my enormous pores and pitted scars look even worse. I have very oily skin and have struggled to find a foundation with super coverage for the horrific scaring/discoloration AND minimize the appearance of my pores for the past few years and still can't find anything that does both. Derma blend covers very well, especially if blended properly, but in my case, the heavyness makes the oil and depressions look much worse. Even the newer smooth indulgence which claims to not enhance pores-does on my face. I have tried these and other foundations like Estee Lauder's maximum coverage and double matte with several different supposed mattifying powders but I have not discovered anything that works for me. If you do not have terribly oily skin and large pores I think the derma blend would be great.

And..anyone at all that reads this and knows of a foundation and powder with excellent full coverage for the oily/scary large pores PLEASE let me know!!!! I am hoping with my fingers crossed some one will know of a new miracle product I could try. I am about at my wits end and envision hiding in my house all summer!

Hi, 

I have tried Derma blend cover creme and recently smooth indulgence, hoping thsi product line would deliver the promised coverage without making my enormous pores and pitted scars look even worse.  I have very oily skin and have struggled to find a foundation with super coverage for the horrific scaring/discoloration AND minimize the appearance of my pores for the past few years and still can't find anything that does both.  Derma blend covers very well, especially if blended properly, but in my case, the heavyness makes the oil and depressions look much worse.  Even the newer smooth indulgence which claims to not enhance pores-does on my face.  I have tried these and other foundations like Estee Lauder's maximum coverage and double matte with several different supposed mattifying powders but I have not discovered anything that works for me.  If you do not have terribly oily skin and large pores I think the derma blend would be great. 

And..anyone at all that reads this and knows of a foundation and powder with excellent full coverage for the oily/scary large pores PLEASE let me know!!!!  I am hoping with my fingers crossed some one will know of a new miracle product I could try.  I am about at my wits end and envision hiding in my house all summer!

I don't personally use Dermablend (mostly because I'm a male) but we do recommend this line to certain patients, and I have one patient with a port-wine stain who does quite well with it.  Dermablend is highly regarded in the derm field....

i was just wondering... Yknow dermablend... well i was thinking of getting some but im a bit tight for cash at the 'mo- is it essential that you buy the remover- or can you just wash it off with hot water and cleanser?? All i want to buy is the actual foundaton- thats pricey enough. thanks! eusa_angel.gif

I use the dermablend concealer to cover dark spots..it works pretty well. I used the foundation for a while but I couldn't find the right shade so I stopped using it. It does cover really well though.

I use the dermablend concealer to cover dark spots..it works pretty well. I used the foundation for a while but I couldn't find the right shade so I stopped using it. It does cover really well though.