Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

Hi guys, I'm just wondering who else out there steams their face on a regular basis? (using a kettle, etc) For how long usually? Do you find it helps doing it before you apply masks? What other benefits have you found it provides when used long term? Also, another topic posted a little earlier had people commenting that is was not at all beneficial for you face and would clog your pores which is totally contradicting to what I've heard. Any feedback would be much appriciated!

ive bought a steamer for my face made by like homedics, its really great and easy and the benefits of steaming are amazing, seriously it will not clog pores, you just have to wash your face afterwards since there is sweat and grime from pores on it after a steam. steaming also hydrates the face very very well.

i think that question was to me BF, umm i dunno i dont have much steam in a shower but i do when i sit in a hot bath. i just like the steamer its so convienent and it really works. smile.gif

but use the shower if it works for you

i have a stand-up shower. i just put towels over the top and it gets steamy alright. i tried the leaning over a boiling pot of water too. both have only helped me. a quick wash afterwards while the pores are loosened up, and some blackheads pop out even.

..just my amature observations

Hmm I'm not sure why that is BF. I myself tend to get some blackheads on my nose and on my upper cheeks. Thats why I'm so interested in a serious steaming regimen...to help get those suckers out! that along with gentle exfoliation and the mint mask. I've been using the kettle method for a few weeks now and it works great but its kind of a hastle as I'm usually rushed in the morning. So, I'm going to go buy the steamer hollister recommended- sounds like it kicks a$$. I'll let you know how it goes!