Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
gymrat7676

Anyone break out from taking fish oil omega 3's?

i just wanted to know if anyone broke out when they first started taking fish oils and also how much do u take if u do?

thanks

I take it and everytime I've noticed that it makes my back break out. I'll stop taking it and my back clears up. very strange.

i just wanted to know if anyone broke out when they first started taking fish oils and also how much do u take if u do?

thanks

Two possibilities: the fish oil is too oxidized or it's excaberating an existing Omega-6 imbalance. Omega-6 is very deficient in acne skin.

Logan

I started taking Total EFA, which contains omega-3, 6, and 9 oils. I'm taking a tablespoon a day, and something is making me break out. They say these oils are good, but I think I'm taking too much. I also started weight lifting, and just stopped the use of creatine and protein. Maybe these had something to do with it. I'm testing this out right now.

Any time my son starts a new supplement it seems to do more harm than good - except zinc.

Why? Beats me. But now he takes nothing else - he won't try it.

Any time my son starts a new supplement it seems to do more harm than good - except zinc.

Why?  Beats me.  But now he takes nothing else - he won't try it.

I bet he gets all he needs from his diet. To quote myself, Ideally, we get our vitamins from our food and our exercise from our work and hobbies. That being said, I take fish oil, tinctures of liver herbs, 2g of B5, and a b-complex daily and all those seem to be helping.