Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
almobaby89

I Can't stop wearing makeup

I can't not wear makeup, i feel like i am so ugly without it b/c of my acne. I just wish my acne would go away cause then i would never have to wear makeup. Other then my skin problem i am quite pretty. I am taking minocin right now my acne isn't bad i have a about 5 pimples and lots of red marks how can i get rid of them? Help Please!!!!

are you taking minocycline right now? because thats what im taking if you are. well anyways, i am sure that you are pretty w/ or w/out acne and other ppl will be able to see past that. Keep your chin up.

Guest SuzanneWW

I know exactly how you feel and the more I think about it the more stressed out I get - which in turn gives me more zits and consequently red marks to worry about. It feels like a viscous circle all the time and it makes me such a terrible naggy horrid person - I wonder how my husband puts up with me sometimes. I didn't have acne when I first got together with him which makes me feel even worse sometimes.

I currently use Boots No7 Radiance Concealer (II) as I don't like wearing foundation. I also use neuotrogena green coverup stick for really red ones. With mascara and lippie my makeup takes me 30 mins in the morning. I really am jealous of these people who can just get up in the morning looking great and can just take 10 mins to get ready and out the house they go! When I have my makeup on I still feel depressed about it and am conscious about what light I'm standing/sitting in. Although everyone around me always says I'm pretty and they don't even think I wear alot of makeup (!) - but then again I always make sure I'm never that close up to them!!

My husband hasn't even seen me properly with no makeup on - what I mean by that is that I cover up my spots/marks with sudo cream - this sounds bizaare but they actually don't appear so bad - white blobs on my face instead of red ones!!

Anyway, I go on holiday in 3 weeks time. I've been using a facial solarium for around 10 days - I don't know if it's making any difference or not to be honest. At the moment I have about 8 scabs, around 20 red marks and about 3 pimples. I feel so ugly when I look at myself I could cry. And I know that they could be alot worse and thank god they're not and I do feel for people who have severe acne - but I can't help how I feel all the same. When I think that I went right up to the age of 20 with hardly any pimples to groan about and now I have to look at myself every morning and night when the slap comes off I feel sick. I actually have had to have days off work because of it - i.e. "they're just too bad to cover up today".

So in summary - I know how you feel but I also would like to know of anything to put on the red marks - I currently use savlon and sudo cream but I'm running out of patience and time now - I really don't want to wear makeup on holiday if I can help it :-( because I know sunbathing in slap will definitely break me out!

I'm hoping that if I carry on drinking my two litres of water a day, using the facial solarium and watching what I eat and learn to chill out over the next 3 weeks then that'll stop any pimples coming out but I still have to put up with these horrid marks ans scabs in the meantime.

I had the same problem as you. My acne scars were so bad. If you want to get rid of red marks fast, use whitening cream to fade them. The only problem with this is if you want to tan, this cream will get you whiter, but the result is worth it.

Guest SuzanneWW

what is whitening cream and where can i buy it in the uk? could i use it in these 3 weeks before i go away?

Suzanne, I can't believe how much you sound like me! (and probably a huge amount of other people on here, too).

I quite frequently used to take days off because I couldn't face anyone seeing me, even with make-up on. I really relate to you not wanting your husband to see you without make-up on too. I've just started seeing an absolutely amazing bloke, but I'm terrified of him seeing me without my slap on. Whenever we kiss I'm always worrying that he's wearing my make-up off - definitely not something you want to be worrying about when you're in that kind of situation! He always tells me I'm gorgeous, even when *I* think I look a state, but I still feel soooooo self conscious, like I want to put my hands over my face to stop him from seeing me. How do you cope with that with your husband, if you don't mind me asking?

I use a facial solarium too - even though people say it's meant to make your skin worse, I think it does help clear my face. Plus spots don't seem as noticeable when you've got a bit of a tan and are looking healthier.

Sorry for the long post, I just really related - pm me if you ever want someone to chat about it with.

x

Guest TylerD

AGREED! Lol im a guy and i wear makeup i cant not wear makeup i actually find it embarrasing when i sleep at my gf's house as soon as i get up in the morning i always apply makeup to cover the redmarks even though she doesnt care AT ALL i just cant look at ppl without makeup i feel too aukward my red marks really piss me off and i rarelly get pimples but when i do they are usually big and i fuckin glob that shit on till it covers haha even if it is a lil noticable makeup being noticable is better then a huge red pimple atleast i think so. Anyway im just like everyone els i have to wear makeup and i am going to order a better one to match my skin but eventually i hope i do grow out of this acne bull shit and red marks fade so i wont have to wear makeup all the time because it does get annoying with how much time and effort you have to put in and apply it.

I dont think u should be mad for wearing makeup. Alot of ppl do wear it you would be suprised. Alot i mean ALOT of guys at my high school wear it and other guys can say thast gay as much as they want too but in the end all the guys at my school have alot of girls and i have had a gf for like almost 2 yrs now while these other fags sit there and make fun and have no one so i come to the conclusion just do what makes you happy and i can assure you everyone's acne will go away with time just stay on the pills Monicycline or w/e it is you are taking apply your makeup and it will be gone before you know it. Good luck. Sorry for the long post haha had to let this out.

SUZANNE--Do you know I do exactly the same thing and put blobs of sudo cream over my spots when I wash off my make-up! I leave it on and get into bed withit and say its to work on my spots, as if Im gonna rub it in in a bit or something, so Ill be watching telly or reading, then I ll fall asleep. At first my bloke was like 'you went to sleep with that white stuff on your face', and ill pretend that I intended to rub it in but fell asleep. I think he knows now though that I intend to leave it on cos I dont want him to see.

It is dead depressing, and you do, you obsess in the mirror and cry cos you feel so ugly. Everybody thinks Im vain, cos Im always looking in the mirror, as if I love myself, but I dont, Im checking to see if my make-up is in tact, and how my skin looks in the light.

What Ive got into now though is fake tan. Its quite good cos it covers the redness and as it stains for a few days, you can feel more confident at night. I still wear make-up over it in the day, but you dont look so bad when you get into bed with your man affter washing off the concealer. The fake tan I use is by Alamay, as their products are hypo allergenic, so fragrance free and non clogging etc. I want to go to a tanning salon, but worry about people seeeing me there with no make-up on! So, as an instant fix, try the fake tan application for holiday, as it fades you should have started to develop a natural tan by then as it doesnt act as a sun block or anything.

Best wishes eusa_angel.gif

Guest SuzanneWW

Hi guys. Well haven't been on this site for a few days- last post here was 13th May. And have only just read your replies - thankyou - it's nice to know that there are people out there who feel the same!

Well I'm not at work today because I have no makeup. I've completely run out - I thought I would be but not this soon. And boots are out of stock (online too!) so I've just had to scour the internet for some more makeup. I've got to cancel a night out with my brother tomorrow night now and I've got to go back to work on Tuesday so don't know if I'm going to be able to get any of "my concealer" by then :-( but i'm trying not to worry about it as the stress will make my skin worse. I was looking through some of my older makeup and i've found an Almay concealer but I think it's out of date now coz it feels sticky somehow so will be no good I don't think.

I haven't used the solarium for around 5 days because I thought it'd make my scabs worse but I'm happy to say touch wood they are clearing up. I have slight marks left from the scabs and the red marks are fading. The pimple count at the moment is 1 or 2 I think but obviously I do have some red marks and a few spots that are trying to heal. Think I may use solarium today for 30 mins though - I need to get a bit of colour in my cheeks and sort my skin out. I think the solarim has helped a bit in drying them up you know.

I really do hope I don't have a breakout between now and when I go on holiday (although I am due a period soon :-(. I did think about using a self tan actually......will consider it more now you've said!! I'm eating loads of fruit and veg at the mo and continuing with my drinking water. I've cut out cheese too for the past 5 days - not sure if it's working but I think I always seem to get a pimple (or 10!) when I eat cheese. I'm also cutting down on crisps, sweets, chocolate, fried food and white bread. But am continuing with a multi vitamin and garlic tablets I think the garlic broke me out initially when I first started taking it - have you ever heard of this before?

My husband knows why I put sudo cream on - I've been doing it for years now even when I was in my teens when I had the odd spot (god I wish i was that age now!) because it does actually have anti inflamatory/infection in it. Sometimes I say things to him like "why don't you find someone else you deserve better" etc etc but that just seems to really annoy him - bless!

My husband thinks I'm beautiful even with my zit cream on and he would never say I was ugly anyway! We cope ok with it though. There are times when he gets frustrated at my not wanting to go places some times or whatever but i try to make it up to him in other ways! wink.gif but that's only because he thinks my skin isn't as bad as I think (!) He is very good though but I do feel so ugly sometimes and depressed it must get him down too. But we're fine - we love each other and that's all that matters. I started going out with him when I was 16 and my acne began around the age of 20 I guess (also around the same time of me being depressed for 12 months so maybe it was linked?!). I'm 23 now.

Guest TylerD

How bad is your acne. Explain it. Do you just have very mild red marks or do you have acne at all??

Guest SuzanneWW

not sure if that question is directed at me or not, but mine i would class as mild/moderate acne with red marks. i know it could be alot alot worse but it still dents your confidence incredibly

have u tried NeoStrata AHA oily skin solution? (the 15AHA works really well.)

together with Differin adapalene gel 0.1%, they worked very well for me.

and remeber always under shades, use sunscreen and bring an umbrella.

Guest TylerD

The post dadoody had is just amazing what makeup can do for some ppl. I wear it every day now i dont know anymore i used to think my acne red marks werent bad at all and then i started wearing makeup and noticed my skin was perfect with it and everytime i dont have it on i think i just look super horrible it makes me mad so im like stuck wearing makeup for ever bothers me grrr.

Yer! BUT that make-up was applied by a make-up artist, it isn't the sort of results we can achive at home!

Guest TylerD

Ya i agree but the point is makeup can do alot for a person and for a person's confidence level. Fact is maybe you wont look as good as the actors do when they have professionals doing it but fact remains you will look better then before the makeup. I cant apply it worth crap lol and i still look really good in makeup. As long as you put a thing layer on and it isnt too noticable it should be ok.

Well those photos have also been digitally airbrushed, but the results are still exceptional. My brother is getting married in august, and from those photos I am actually thinking of getting my hair and make-up getting professionally done for the day, I get to upstage the bride!!!!

dadoody do you have any other examples like that?

I am 26 this summer ( I cant even believe that Im that old!) and I have ALWAYS suffered with bad skin!. I remember when I was about 18 and Id had spots since about 13, I used to say 'Great, I bet when my spots eventually clear up, I will be starting to get wrinkles and so will never get the chance to have nice young skin!'. My Mom use to tell me not to be so stupid, but here I am, as I say, nearly 26, a few fine lines appearing- and STILL SPOTTY!!!

Thing is, a few creases aside, everybody i meet thinks Im about 19, so i DONT THINK I have to worry about looking old, cos I still seem like a spotty teenager- which is far worse for me- I want to get on with my life!!!

Also, if I think about it, sometimes my skin has been fairly clear, and in reply again to Suzanne, during a rare clear time I dont even really think about my skin cos Im just happy and enjoying my life. So, I think stress/depression is def. linked to breakouts. At the moment I feel like I am going through a bad time in my life and so really focus on my skin aswell. I become obsessed with it, and pick at it- which inevitably makes it worse.

Im not saying that mine is all self-caused, cos Ill always have some smattering of spots/scars/blackheads, just that I feel I aggravate it when feeling bad anyway. Do you maybe know what I mean?

Sometimes Ill have a tantrum, that I dont want to go anywhere, Ill lock myself in the bathroom and refuse to open the door to my boyfriend until he goes away- then I just feel really bad (we live together). I stress what he thinks about me and what he tells people when he shows up on his own. Then I feel so ugly and ask him why he puts up with me, etc. Hes really mild mannered and just says he feels bad for me, cos Im upset, but I wont believe him- he must find other girls so much prettier compared to me -etc.

But, when I dont go down this route, which is really hard, cos I find myself being such a negative person, I do feel better. I know people think this optimism stuff is all crap- but being on a downward spiral doesnt get anyone anywhere. Its not going to be a miracle cure at all, but sticking BP on your face, then putting on some oil-free makeup, then leaving the house with positive thoughts and NOT TOUCHING your face, is a better alternative! Actually, who am I KIDDING, if someone said that to me as Im looking in the mirror with a bad breakout, Id prob tell them to f***off! But the theory is good!!! wink.gif

hey people,

I know how annoying acne red marks are as I was one of the sufferers. But trust me, whitening cream really works. Whitening cream are widely use by Asians.While we here are trying to get a tan, people in Taiwan, Japan, Korea, and China are trying to have whiter skin. Whitening cream fades dark, red marks and freckles REALLY well. My mom brings me whitening cream from Taiwan, and a lot of trusting Japanese manufacture sells them. I currently use whitening essences from Kose. You can find more info on Kose products from http://www.kose.co.jp/english/

I think you should be able to buy whitening products online or Ebay. Do a little search on Google but remember to buy products from trusting brands like Shiseido, Kose, or SK-II . These brands are the most trusting and best selling skin care brands in Asia.

The products are pricy but the results are really worth it and it's really not that bad to be pale without the red marks.

I relate to all these posts so much. I'm 25, and work as a waitress at a place where you HAVE to look good (for Western Canadians, it's earl's).

It SUCKS lately, as I started breaking out really badly a few months ago, and not much is helping. I'm on my 6th week of spiro, and it seems to have helped somewhat, but not enough yet! I've had acne since 14 or so, but it started getting really bad around 23 (different kind- cystic).

sad.gif So anyways, just saying I relate to the makeup thing. Bitchy girls at work will make fun of my makeup, and complain about their little pimples just to get to me (we're very competitive). I can't even imagine leaving the house without makeup.

But, hey. at least we have the makeup option...I don't know what I'd do without it!

Guest SuzanneWW

womaninwhite - just wanted to say that i can totally relate to everything you've just said in your last post!

Hi Mischa and Suzzanne- its nice to know that this sort of stuff does happen to other people isnt it? I dont mean that im glad other people have it- just that its nice to feel abit more normal cos you know that its not just you. None of my friends have ever suffered from bad skin, and its made me feel very singled out as its something you cant really talk about to those who have never experienced it. You just feel that life is hard enough without having acne at our age!

Tell the other waitress to f***off Micha and get over themselves! I know what you mean when they complain about something so simple, like one pimple or a spare tyre or something. evil.gif

Are you back at work now then Suzanne? I have sooo done the stay in the house thing also! I have done for a couple of weeks, strung it out so that it looked like an illness to work/college- as I would never tell the truth. Obv. my boyfriend knew- Im sure he thinks Im mental!!

Is there not anything you can just buy in the shops that whitens? Like in Boots or anything- Im in U.K, and willing to try whitening cream definately- but not ideal for me to buy over the net.