Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Minnym0use

Radio Frequency Zit Zapper

Interesting treatment, cost a heap is probably the big downside to it. Seems to be a better alternative to applying chemicals on your face.

A friend of mine at beauty college uses a device like this unfor it doesnt work very well if you have more than a few pimples every so often. The problem is like for me, I cant just spot treat I will get pimples as well as my friend in beauty school all over the face. I never know when or where the next one pops up so I have to treat the whole face. I saw improvments when she used the therapy but she still gets pimples regardless. Im sure it works if you have clear skin and two pimples the night before a dance or have to get school pictures otherwise its not that impressive.

I kind of agree with rockchild, but I kinda only have moderate acne, usually less than 7 at a time, but usually with 1 or 2 of them being large cysts... their website doesn't mention if they can get those but Im almost considering it....if I do I'll be sure to let everyone know.

The cool thing is that is legit, fda approved and tested.

check out this link http://crutchfielddermatology.com/zenoacne/

Joe

If u look at the pic gallery, it appears to me as tho some of the subjects have more than moderate acne and maybe some cysts.

I would also like to know if they would help clear cysts. I may call the company tomorrow and ask them. Pretty impressive as it doesn't appear as tho the pics have been manipulated as so many before and after pics are.

I wil post back after calling.

When I was younger, and even now when I feel a zit coming on, I do this and the zits cycle is cut and begins healing and goes away. I put a small folded section of a wash cloth in as hot temp of water as I can take without scalding my skin, I then hold it on the zit for as long as I can take or the heat has gone down. I do this 2 times then do this technique once again later in the day. And seriously, the zit never gets a chance to get going. I have a little extra redness, which resolves pretty quickly.

This is why I think this little contraption could work, because it applies heat for 2 min or so. Just like what I do.

If anyone was to try the hot water technique I mention above, please be careful not to scald your skin.

When I was younger, and even now when I feel a zit coming on, I do this and the zits cycle is cut and begins healing and goes away. I put a small folded section of a wash cloth in as hot temp of water as I can take without scalding my skin, I then hold it on the zit for as long as I can take or the heat has gone down. I do this 2 times then do this technique once again later in the day. And seriously, the zit never gets a chance to get going. I have a little extra redness, which resolves pretty quickly.

This is why I think this little contraption could work, because it applies heat for 2 min or so. Just like what I do.

If anyone was to try the hot water technique I mention above, please be careful not to scald your skin.

i am about to order this, but im not sure if using my acne treatments will cause adverse effects (BP SA)

goldengirl,  You know Ive tried that but only with cysts that were already pretty well formed, my doc said to use warm compresses but I would pretty much heat water on the stove to as hot as I could handle...never had any success, I think the trick must be getting them early, I think I might call them too to ask about cysts...however you never know until you try, this thing just got approved so if push comes to shove I could always put it on ebay...

This is rediculous but I think I am going to order it too, unfortunately I wont have enough money in my account till tomorrow so Im gonna have to wait, goldengirl did you ask them about cysts, I was working all day and didn't have time... also why do you think it would be better than your hot towel trick?

Guest TylerD

It doesnt look too bad but i am the same way i cant just spot treat although i am pretty much clear right now if i let my skin sit too long without anything no toner or bp or anything it will start to breakout like crazy everywhere i cant miss my regimen at all it sucks otherwise i would give this a shot.

I haven't started the regimen yet, Im a little worried about an initial breakout or deep cysts surfacing, or it just destroying my skin or something, I have a tube of Dans BP but this zeno thing seems like it might be a nice addition...thankgod I have a credit card...

here are some more links they were harder to find but go to show that this may really work...

http://www.nbc10.com/health/4547054/detail...ss=phi&psp=news

http://www.planoskincare.com/acnerosacea.htm

http://www.planoskincare.com/skincareprodu.../zeno/index.htm

Joeshmoe,

Sorry, been running around all day. I did try to call, but I got the clinic office. I didn't have the opportunity to talk to a real person. I will try again tomorrow as I will be home most of the day.

I don't have any trouble with the hot water technique for myself. I would be purchasing this for my sons to use as I think it would be easier for them then the technique I use and hopefully they will use it and it will help and then it will have been worth the money spent. Sure hope so.

Hey, I agree, that's a ridiculous amount of money for the thing, but really at this point, if it helps, and given that the premise is similar to the technique I know worked many times for me, I think it may be worth trying.

I will post back. biggrin.gif

well you'll know in a few weeks, I ordered the damn thing, I just happened to have some money I forgot about in my paypal account from something I sold on ebay...did you watch the news report thing from above, it seemed unbiased and the woman they tried it on saw results.

I just got an email saying that my Zeno is being shipped. So hopefully we will have results to report on very soon.

eusa_dance.gif

Thats funny I totally got caught up in the neosporin craze, and it worked for a while but then it just seemed to make them last longer, never came to any conclusive results on that one.

Okay folks, so heres the skinny, my zeno just came in the mail yesterday, I charged it up last night and just tried it out about 15 minutes ago.....it worked! my entire face is clear! No, Im kidding, but it looks real cool! and it came in a really cool box! and thats about all I have so far...

actually though my face has been real clear for the last three weeks or so...maybe Im growing out of this curse, I am 25 for gods sake, but Im also washing with water only, then using cetaphil spf 15 moisturizer, actually before I take a shower I spray my face with 10% apple cider vinegar, been doing that religously twice a day, and I eat lots of prunes and raisins (Im very regular) and I pull about two swigs off the bottle of acv in my fridge each day, oh and Im taking vitamin c, zinc, l-lysene and occasionaly a centrum.

So to be honest I actually dont have a lot right now to test the zeno on...but I will keep everyone on this thread updated. I have learned so much from this place and from this cursed disease but I wouldn't be that opposed with never talking to any of you again...no offense : ). So lets hope this works!