Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
ndmgal

Just did a 40% tca!

Alright, wlel I just did a 40% tca on my skin... by myself. I've already done 3 tcas to myself and only messed up o nce which healed fine. I think I went too deep on one part cause the frosting hasn't gone away. I'm hoping this is the last one i'll have to do!!! I've been eating healthy and stoped breaking out (THANK GOD!) I'll send pictures in when I'm done. Wish me luck!

OMG! Do you mean 40% TCA entire face peel? That is pretty gutsy. Just curious what was the TCA% u used on your last facial peel? It seems a little strong considering 50% is commonly used for CROSS.

Anyway, pls. keep us updated on your progress and good luck!

Last time I did a 40%, it peeled in 6 days with no redness at all. Apparently I have thick skin. Haha i dont' know the exact percentage. I kinda estimated that it equaled about 37.5% so around 35-40. It turned dark immediately which didn't happen last time. My first peel I did a 25% which was back last year. And I didn't really do a full face, but not a cross, I only did the areas of my skin that have scarring.

Today I noticed it started to form that crust like texture and it's a darkish red turning brown in some areas. It doesn't hurt or feel uncomfortable at all. The part that stayed frosted yesterday turned red overnight. I look like I have a seriously messed up sunburn... I have been avoiding all sugar so i dont' get a blemish underneath the peel. I hate when that happens. I'll post more tomorrow.

What is this TCA thing your going on about, what does it do and does it work,? please explain i'm confused. eusa_doh.gif

Tca is a medium depth peel that is equal to about 6 50% glycolic peels. It frosts at first and then it gradually turns into a crust (which is the skin falling off). It takes about a week to come off. It's great for red marks and minor scars. After my last one I was pretty much clear, then I had a major breakout that lasted for a month when I had to switch birth control pills. You can use it in scars which is called tca cross but ive heard some mixed opinions about that.

I take it this would work for my minor scars which aint that deep, which actually seem to be getting better by themselves, how much is this kit and that then,? i don't think i would do this untill my active acne has completely gone, which i'm hoping i grow out of or one day i wake up and i have no more active acne. eusa_pray.gif

I take it this would work for my minor scars which aint that deep, which actually seem to be getting better by themselves, how much is this kit and that then,? i don't think i would do this untill my active acne has completely gone, which i'm hoping i grow out of or one day i wake up and i have no more active acne. eusa_pray.gif

I got my kit from yavonae back last august. It was about $40 for everything in the kit. It wouldn't work for large scars, i dont' think any peel would. You'd have to look into dermabrasion for scars, i believe. You can do it over active acne, but i think it would make acne worse since it clogs pores for a week. What have u been taking for acne, just curious.

Day 2- woke up and my face is very tight, i have to keep it moist so nothing peels of prematurely. I look like a burn victim! I forgot how much i hate doing this tca, waiting inside nto able to see anyone, bu the end results are worth it.

Guest Marino

Ndmgal you remind of me [minus the gal part]. I had all these scar treatments like you and then once my skin was good I just had another break out and all new red mark to deal with!

I'm going make an apointment with a laser clinic, they do 35percent TCA, hope thats deep enough [beats having 6 micros-glyocolic peels over a 6 week period].

Whats that about sugar and blemishes?? Are there any other things I should watch out for?

That's funny marino! Well i've cut out MOST sugar tho I am on estrogen so it's probably impossible. I've been eating veggies, fruit, a lot of olive oil, rice cakes, whole grains, i also added flax seed oil and borage oil pills. I've found that I can control my breakouts, but I hate cooking so i always find myself ordering pizza and chinese food! Well I think 35% is plenty for red marks. I just did a 40% to get it all over and done with.

Well the edges are starting to peel a little but I'm trying to keep it moist so it doesn't. I can see it's still a little pink underneath. I'm getting SO bored just doing nothing, not able to see my friends. That's the worst part of this peel.

Okay day 4, pieces started to peel off and it has that tight mask feeling, so i know it's gonna come off within the next day. One piece came off over a new spot i had and it's only like 50% gone. It had a small scab over it when I peeled it, so i think maybe i should have left it alone. Oh well. I would take pics but i look really really bad. I look like half my face is brown and wrinkled.

Most of the peel came off day 5, which i didn't want it to, cause now it's slightly red. I've been putting hydrocortisone on it to get the redness away. The scars are all diminished by a lot and a few are gone. You're supposed to a wait a week after the peel comes off to tell the full results cause the new skin hasn't finished recovering yet. Still have some peel to come off where i went the deepest but i'm trying to keep it on as long as possible. I didn't break out underneath the peel, so hopefully it'll stay that way eusa_pray.gif . Probably just jinxed myself.

So how were the results of your peel? I've purchased a 25% kit and am waiting for it to arrive. I think after a these ill buy a 35% or maybe 40%. How deep was your scarring and would you recommend getting a 50%? Im declaring war on my acne scars!