Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

I started taking Bactrim on Monday night. That night i felt strangely itchy, my heart was racing, i couldn't sleep. The same thing kept happening through the week, sometimes it even felt like bugs were crawling on me, ugh. It started to be itchy during the day. At first i thought i was just being paranoid.

Several years ago i burned my wrist on the heating coils in the oven. The scar has since faded so much i had forgotten it ever happened. Until yesterday when i looked down at my wrist and saw it outlined in angry red and very visible. I noticed all the skin on my arms appeared to be red sort of underneath. I wouldn't really call it a rash, but i think it was headed that way, and the itching had gotten bad enough that i realized i wasn't imagining it. I also noticed a spot on my forearm that looked like a zit or a bugbite (i've never had a pimple below the elbow), and later on in the day another one formed.

So needless to say, i called the derm and she said it sounded like an allergy, told me not to take any more and that she'll try a different type after my skin settles down. And last night i actually got to sleep, ahhh. If not for the warning here about skin rash i might have failed to notice or disregarded these symptoms, so thanks.

I started taking Bactrim on Monday night.  That night i felt strangely itchy, my heart was racing, i couldn't sleep.  The same thing kept happening through the week, sometimes it even felt like bugs were crawling on me, ugh.  It started to be itchy during the day.  At first i thought i was just being paranoid.

Several years ago i burned my wrist on the heating coils in the oven.  The scar has since faded so much i had forgotten it ever happened.  Until yesterday when i looked down at my wrist and saw it outlined in angry red and very visible.  I noticed all the skin on my arms appeared to be red sort of underneath.  I wouldn't really call it a rash, but i think it was headed that way, and the itching had gotten bad enough that i realized i wasn't imagining it.  I also noticed a spot on my forearm that looked like a zit or a bugbite (i've never had a pimple below the elbow), and later on in the day another one formed.

So needless to say, i called the derm and she said it sounded like an allergy, told me not to take any more and that she'll try a different type after my skin settles down.  And last night i actually got to sleep, ahhh.  If not for the warning here about skin rash i might have failed to notice or disregarded these symptoms, so thanks.

similarish type thing happened to me on mino, but i thought nothing of it as i hadnt read any warnings and took it for a further 3 weeks. got screwed over BIG styleee in the end.

first came a sorta rash, no big deal. then I broke out in hives down the side of my face and on my forehead. My oil production proceeded to go up at least 3-4 times, which of course created a breeding ground for acne and i had the biggest breakout of my life. I then proceeded onto accutane to deal with that and the mass oil. It did, clearing me up, but has given me tinnitus.

one big chain of shitty reactions. evil.gifevil.gifevil.gif

I've been on Bactrim for 2 years (for a medical condition, NOT acne). I never knew side effects could be that severe. Thank goodness I don't have any allergic reaction to it. I never knew it could help acne, either...now I'm killing 2 birds with one stone smile.gif

i took bactrim for like 1-2years and didn't notice any side effects... didn't even know it had any.