Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Wellbeing

Join me on my JOURNEY !!!!

Hi everyone,

I've just discovered this fantastic site and decided I'm going to post up a regular roaccutane journal. Im 20 male from Sydney, Australia and i've had moderate but persistent acne since i was 17. I have tried heaps of different treatments and finally i was put on 40mg of roaccutane a week ago.

How i feel so far : I feel surprisingly good. I do feel tired more than usual and not as mentally sharp. I feel I can't focus properly and can't concentrate.

Side effects : Dry lips, mouth corners are cracked, skin extremely delicate and the slightest scratch will cause a wound. I also have some stomach aches (very minor and pass almost as soon as they come). I also had a nosebleed earlier in the week. Scalp is quite dry and itchy, and so is my neck.

Products I've been using : Dermaveen soap free wash - helps the skin retain moisture. I've also been using sorbelene lotion in the shower as a soap substitute. I've been applying my face with aloe vera gel to help all the redness and minor cuts/wounds heal faster.

Condition of acne : The oil production has definitely decreased. But i have had a few pustules break out around my forehead.

Should i add any products to my routine ? Please post if you have any suggestions or tips for this first time taner !.

I will keep you updated on my condition.

Well being!

Glad to hear you're joining all of us on our Accutane adventures! Its a great drug and has been doing wonders for me so far! I'm almost done with 16 weeks.... very exciting.

I would reccommend products: AQUAPHOR!!!!, Oil of Olay Total Effects day and night creams....

BEST OF LUCK!!!! I'm sure you'll do great!!!

-Katie smile.gif

Hey peoples !,

Back again for another day. I think I'm going to log in a very systematic way using subheadings, like i did in the first post.

How i felt today : Again concentration was the problem. I found it hard to stay focussed. Other than that it was good.

Side effects : Today i had TWO bleeding noses. One right after lunch and the other as I was showering just before hopping onto the computer to post here. I am starting to get worried.

Of course the dryness is still there but it hasn't intensified or anything like that.

Diet : I've decided to add this section so I can keep track of what I eat during my treatment. Today i skipped breakfast and I had fried noodles for lunch (really unhealthy) and KFC for dinner (extremely bad). I have to eat more healthly if I am to get through this treatment relatively unscathed.

Water : 2 Litres. I think this was good... considering I was sedentary most of the day.

Condition of Acne : I have a new pustule on my right cheek.

I know i shouldn't pop a pimple while on roaccutane because it will most certainly scar. Also... should i moisturize ? I currently do not have a moisturizer in my regime.

Well today was so boring. Nothing really new to report about the roaccutane.

How i feel : Pretty good actually. Even my frame of mind is good... today i felt really hopeful i guess. Normally i have periods where i feel shitty and down but today i felt quite positive about the future.

Side effects : No nosebleeds today ! Though my nose still has crusty blood (perhaps from yesterday ?). The dryness is of course still there. My scalp is getting really dry... I have really bad dandruff now. Oh and my joints are starting to ache a little bit... (my hip region and back). I think this may be due to the fact i was standing for 5 hours non-stop yesterday.

Diet : I had seafood noodles for lunch and then for dinner i had soup and more noodles. I really should get cracking with the salads and healthy pasta, cereals etc.

Water : I drank at least 4 bottles of water today (so much that i lost count). Really pleased with that.

Condition of Acne : No change from yesterday. Wounds are taking longer to heal i've noticed.

I didn't do any study at all today. Feel so lazy.