Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
snowbear

SKIN CARE REGIMEN FOR SUPER OILY SKIN?

is the Clear Skin Regimen also applies for people with SUPER OILY SKIN? Or is there any additional products i can add to the Clear Skin Regimen to keep OIL at bay? Any suggestions? rolleyes.gif

Only got occassional breakouts (some pimples in the forehead, cheeks 3-6 heads) but not acne tho. but prone to blackheads on my nose. My MAJOR PROBLEM is my nose area, it tends to BECOME OILY after like... 20-30 mins? even i apply POWDER (Palladio Rice Powder) that is good for OILY SKIN. And even i apply NEUTROGENA PORE REFINING MATTIFIER GEL or NEUTROGENA PORE REFINING ESSENCE...still the same. My nose area is left with shines so it tends to have a different shades than that of my cheeks. My cheeks are fine though they're OILY at times. But the most active is my nose! Any product recommendations? eusa_doh.gif

i believe some products being recommended/endorsed here is available in my country (usually).. if not, the active ingredients from it.

Hi, Snowbear,

Sometimes SUPER OILY SKIN is caused by washing TOO much, using too much astringent (aka, toner, witch hazel, tonic, etc.) or even TOO much topical acne treatment. If you don't really have pimples, only blackheads and an oily nose, and you are using lots of anti-oily skin products, try backing off a little bit. And then use an OIL-FREE moisturizer on your whole face. The problem is sometimes, you take away the oil, all the moisture goes with it, and your face thinks it's in a desert, so it makes more oil! Using the oil-free moisturizer will often make that stop. Get back to me about what's available to you; I have some on my website, but we only ship to US and Canada. What country are you in?

Beautilady ([email protected])

is the Clear Skin Regimen also applies for people with SUPER OILY SKIN? Or is there any additional products i can add to the Clear Skin Regimen to keep OIL at bay?

...oil returns after20-30 mins? even i apply POWDER (Palladio Rice Powder) that is good for OILY SKIN.  And even i apply NEUTROGENA PORE REFINING MATTIFIER GEL or NEUTROGENA PORE REFINING ESSENCE...still the same. ... Any product recommendations?  eusa_doh.gif

i believe some products being recommended/endorsed here is available in my country (usually).. if not, the active ingredients from it.

Hi, Snowbear,

Sometimes SUPER OILY SKIN is caused by washing TOO much, using too much astringent (aka, toner, witch hazel, tonic, etc.) or even TOO much topical acne treatment.  If you don't really have pimples, only blackheads and an oily nose, and you are using lots of anti-oily skin products, try backing off a little bit.  And then use an OIL-FREE moisturizer on your whole face.  The problem is sometimes, you take away the oil, all the moisture goes with it, and your face thinks it's in a desert, so it makes more oil!  Using the <a  style='text-decoration: none; border-bottom: 3px double;' href="http://www.serverlogic3.com/lm/rtl3.asp?si=22&k=oil%20free%20moisturizer" onmouseover="window.status='oil-free moisturizer'; return true;" onmouseout="window.status=''; return true;">oil-free moisturizer</a> will often make that stop. Get back to me about what's available to you; I have some on my website, but we only ship to US and Canada.  What country are you in?

Beautilady ([email protected])

thanks for the tips!

im definitely thinking about using a water-based or an oil-free moisturizer preferably with sun protection. Neutrogena w spf 15? How about St.Ives Oil Free Moisturizer..but not sure if it has SPF.

Do u know any water-based/oil-free/gel based sunblock?

I reside in the Philippines..