Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

I've been reading what's posted here and I decided to contribute.

I don't really know what to start. Well, I'm 19 and I'm from California. I've had moderate cystic acne for about four years now. It just ruined my life. I have few friends. I'm having a really hard time making eye contact with people, and like most of the people here. I hate looking at mirrors. Yeah, there are lots of times when I have to force myself to get up and go to school. I know this may sound silly to you guys, but I often read love stories and stuff cause I wanna know what it's like to be happy and for things to be ummm perfect if there's such a thing. I like someone in school. He has acne too so I know he knows what I feel. I see him around campus all the time and eventhough he plays sports and stuff, I notice that he's kinda shy. But I dunno if I'd talk to him. But I bet I would if I had clear skin. This fall, I'm transferring to a University 3000 miles away from where I live. I wish things change for the better. I mean not just with my face and stuff, but with how I see myself as a person cause acne really destroyed who I am. That's about it. Thanks for listening.

Guest Avian

Welcome to the board. You're not alone here, acne ruins many people's lives, including my own. One day the 'old you' will return, until now stay strong and don't let it beat you.

With moderate cystic acne going on for 4 years, you could be a candidate for accutane. Which other treatments have you tried in the past?

Yeah, acne has ruined me. Acne caused anxiety and depression problems (I was an immensely happy child), which foiled my desire to seek a career in medicine. The insecurity with my appearance has made it difficult to find a decent-paying job, network, find a girlfriend, etc. In fact, I had to file for Chapter 7, now, what girl would want me?

I didn't get a decent night's rest because I just don't think I can go on. I'm fighting it, but I see no hope, especially at the age of 32. At least at 19, there is some hope that things will improve.

Welcome to the board. You're not alone here, acne ruins many people's lives, including my own. One day the 'old you' will return, until now stay strong and don't let it beat you.

With moderate cystic acne going on for 4 years, you could be a candidate for accutane. Which other treatments have you tried in the past?

I know how you feel all too well. Acne can take so much from us. I've distanced myself from a lot of my old friends, put off school, and isolate myself all because of acne. You've been robbed of 4 years of your life during what should be the best time of your life, it's really not fair. My acne is clearing thankfully and I'm in the process of trying to piece my life back together where it left off 2 years ago. Have you tried anything besides medications for yoru acne like liver flushes, dietary changes, or lifestyle changes of any kind?

I've been reading what's posted here and I decided to contribute.

I don't really know what to start. Well, I'm 19 and I'm  from California. I've had moderate cystic acne for about four years now. It just ruined my life. I have few friends. I'm having a really hard time making eye contact with people, and like most of the people here. I hate looking at mirrors. Yeah, there are lots of times when I have to force myself to get up and go to school. I know this may sound silly to you guys, but I often read love stories and stuff cause I wanna know what it's like to be happy and for things to be ummm perfect if there's such a thing.  I like someone in school. He has acne too so I know he knows what I feel. I see him around campus all the time and eventhough he plays sports and stuff, I notice that he's kinda shy. But I dunno if I'd talk to him. But I bet I would if I had clear skin. This fall, I'm transferring to a University 3000 miles away from where I live. I wish things change for the better. I mean not just with my face and stuff, but with how I see myself as a person cause acne really destroyed who I am. That's about it. Thanks for listening.

Aw sorry about your troubles.  I would not trust all that dermatologist topicals, it made my face progress into probably mild to severe.  Anyway, I think that accutane would be good for you.  I do not know how well the zenmed pills are, I heard they didn't do anything for a lot of people, I would like to know how it works for you in a couple of months.  You seem like such a nice person.  I assume you are male from your user name.  I understand how acne is such a bitch.  Perhaps wearing make-up may help boost your confidence?  Just a little to cover the red.

hey I'm new here too...I've read on the site before but I've just registered. I'm 21 (going to be 22 very soon) and I never really used to have problems with my skin too much. The last couple years it just seems to have gotten worse. When my skin is bad I can't sleep and I'm constantly worrying about it, checking in the mirror every 5 seconds to see if it looks any better (I know it won't and I know this isn't good but I can't help it) Reading at this site has helped alot..if anyone saw my skin they would probably laugh and call me crazy and say that I don't have a problem. I know that mine is a very mild case but I get some cysts and since I"m so obsessed with it I can't keep my hands off my face and end up making it 100 times worse. I am starting to take the pill for acne as well as using a mild perscription of vitamin A acid gel. Hopefully these things will help. I have a great support system and have just recently began talking to them and sharing how I really feel and how it really bothers me. Anyway, I guess that's it for now but I want to commend all of you for sharing everything on here and for being so supportive of everyone because there are definately days where it takes everything you have just to get out of bed. Thanks!