Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
adobetane

Accutane Dosage - PLEASE HELP !

Hey acne.orgers,

For those of you taking roaccutane or have taken it, should you take both your tablets in one go ? or take them at different times of day. I am currently on 40mg (two 20mg tablets). Should i take them all one hit ? Or separate them ? I am thinking of taking one at lunch and one at dinner.

Thanks.

Hey acne.orgers,

For those of you taking roaccutane or have taken it, should you take both your tablets in one go ? or take them at different times of day. I am currently on 40mg (two 20mg tablets). Should i take them all one hit ? Or separate them ? I am thinking of taking one at lunch and one at dinner.

Thanks.

taking two separate doses is a better way to go. It will keep your peak blood levels from fluctuating too much

my derm said make sure u take em both at the same time.... coz i asked him so i don't take em like bactrim, in the morning and in the arvo, and he said take them both in the one go.

but if you seperate them or have them both at the same time, willl it have an effect on your acne clearing up? like will it clear up better if you take them both at the same time?

My derm told me to take them both at the same time, but he said to do this just incase you forget to take the 2nd dose..but now im not sure whether i have dis obeyed my derm..

Accutane is based on getting a certain amount of it into your system. It does not work like an antibiotic. Basically it will not make a difference if you take them together or separately. Just as long as you get the amount in your system consistently and for the period of time your derm puts you on it.