Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
bstej

Popping whiteheads before putting on meds

Should I pop my huge whiteheads which are begging to be popped before I put on the Retin-A(they'll be leaking for a while) or should i put on the Retin-A on the big ol' whitehead?

Should I pop them before I put on the BP since I'm starting that in a few days?

Thanks guys!

Well, I'm sure you know picking at your face is a big no-no. However, we all know that there are times when some white heads MUST be popped.

I usually pop my zit, wash my face, and then medicate with BP. If you have a AHA toner, i would pop, dab popped zit with AHA soaked q-tip for 30 seconds, and then medicate.

I always take the opposite approach. If the zit doesn't open in the shower I take, then I put the bp gel on, spot treating the area a little, and then pop it. Otherwise applying the bp to an open wound always has worse results for me (don't know why...) Just a suggestion though.

Yea I mean the ones that are so "ripe" that they do open in the shower or when youre washing them gently. I'll try doing it after the BP like u said. What about in the morning when I only wash and moisturize? When should I do it then?