Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Cindy

How long until accutane "gets into your system"?

I've read from people here that its possible to have less oil after the first week.....

I guess I was just wondering how soon people began to see results from it, and when it's most common to experience an initial breakout.

Also, what can I do to decrease the chances of getting an initial breakout?

I took my first pill today, (40 mg) and I don't know if I'm imagining it, but my makeup looks really good today, as in NOT SHINY or greasy sliding off my face. Is it possible that its already working????

If it is, then I LOVE THIS STUFF!!!

~Cindy

I'm sure the results vary by individual, but my neighbor made a comment about the difference THE NEXT DAY. By the end of a week, their was a definite difference (to me) in the decrease of oil production.

Just to serve as a counterpoint, I'm on about day 12 or so and I'm just finally starting to see oil decrease.

It really, really varies. Here's hopin' that your's works quicker than mine!

for me, oil disappeared after 3 weeks. Then it came back and today is my first day of no oil after 2 weeks. So, let's say it took 7 weeks.

Thanks for all your replies guys!!!! Yeah i definitely think it's already working for me, which is SO FREAKING EXCITING!!!!!! My friend complimented me yesterday for the first time ever, that I "looked really nice"!!! I was so happy.

I think oil production is really slowing down too. I woke up this morning without little "droplets of oil" coming out of the pores of my nose, which is normally what I see.

The only bad thing I am experiencing is that my appetite is going through the roof, which stinks because I already ate too much before this drug. I'm just trying to drink water when i feel like I'm hungry, cause I was hoping to lose weight before I go on vacation. Anyone have any reasonable diet tips for me?????

Thanks again for all your support, and best of luck to all fellow tane users- this stuff WILL WORK, so don't get discouraged.

~Cindy

It took me a day. The night after the first day I took it.. I could feel my nose getting dry.