Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Curnuto13

I want to stop wearing make-up.

I've been wearing foundation for about 4 years. I'm a guy. I wear it to hide the red spots. I'm really really really sick of applying it everyday and checking it all the time. In the 4 years I have had 3 people notice it and ask me if i was wearing make up. I said no everytime and said it was a colored moisturizer. I was so embarassed tho. I'm sure there are a lot of other people who have noticed and not said anything tho. What can I do to so that I don't have to wear this stuff anymore I really hate it. I just wish i could go in public and not have to worry. I don't want to waste so much of my time doing this anymore.

so, u said u used it for 4 years, then how's ur red marks? they should've been gone if ur didnt get anything serious thourghout these years....and u dont really needa wwear anything on ur face

anyway, may be u can consider a gd concealer? may be a tinted moisturizer? or even af more sheer foundation ( better liquid) ?

and who cares about wt the others think?

strangers treat u like dirt no matter ur wearing or not wearing any mkup anyway, and people u know wont care if they really care about u

Guest Anubis

you could try to wean yourself off of it a little at a time. Just start using it to cover your spots..not ALL your skin......then start covering only the really bad ones.Over time you will get used to wearing less of it.Good luck wink.gif

The red marks do fade away, but when some fade away, other pimples will show up and then i'll have those red marks to worry about. It's a vicious cycle. I don't use it all over my face, i never have just on the red spots. Is it possible the wearing the make up makes the red spots worse?

It is possible yeah. Why don't you buy a good quality pressed powder and use that instead? It'll take the worst out of the red marks, but it wont look as much like make up.

I've been wearing foundation for about 4 years. I'm a guy. I wear it to hide the red spots. I'm really really really sick of applying it everyday and checking it all the time. In the 4 years I have had 3 people notice it and ask me if i was wearing make up. I said no everytime and said it was a colored moisturizer. I was so embarassed tho. I'm sure there are a lot of other people who have noticed and not said anything tho. What can I do to so that I don't have to wear this stuff anymore I really hate it. I just wish i could go in public and not have to worry. I don't want to waste so much of my time doing this anymore.

Maybe you should try a different regimen for your face  I no longer have acne, just a pimple or two every few months.  I found the less products I use the better my face looks.  Look into a soap-free and medicated-free face wash.  Try not to use a lot of pimple creams [drying and can cause more breakouts].

You can start by wearing less makeup.  Try mixing your foundation with a bit of daily moisturizer

[i find it looks more natural and goes on smoother].  Get a good concealer and use that instead.

If you go light on the foundation and use the concealer in the necessary spots the makeup is far less noticeable.

Maybe you should try a different regimen for your face  I no longer have acne, just a pimple or two every few months.  I found the less products I use the better my face looks.  Look into a soap-free and medicated-free face wash.  Try not to use a lot of pimple creams [drying and can cause more breakouts].

You can start by wearing less makeup.  Try mixing your foundation with a bit of daily moisturizer

[i find it looks more natural and goes on smoother].  Get a good concealer and use that instead.

If you go light on the foundation and use the concealer in the necessary spots the makeup is far less noticeable.

What is a good face wash, and a good concealer, i have no idea whatsoever about make up.

Curnuto-

maybe i can help u. i am a makeup artist and when i am working with guys less is more becuz u dont want to see the makeup on a guy.

get rid of your foundation, if its just for red spots u dont need to wear makeup anywhere else. try and find kryolans dermacolor 'camoflage kit' its a set of 5 colors. u can mix it to match u perfect. use a colourless powder (mac blot powder) so it doesnt show up powderey to set the concealer. the kryolan lasts all day and night u wont need to check it. it covers anything, i have used it to cover tattoos, 3rd degree burns, birthmarks..

this is all i wear now, and u cannot tell i am wearing anything it looks so natural, u would never know my face is covered in red dots or acne. people think i have great skin and i get compliments for it!

if u need anymore help feel free to msg me cool.gif

Guest TylerD

Where would you find kryolans dermacolor 'camoflauge kit'?? Ive never even heard of it before.

im from australia and i buy it from a dance supplies shop. sometimes chemist sell it.

its a theatre cosmetic i dont think u can buy it from department stores.

kryolan a german brand its sometimes called deckcreme instead of dermacolor

its not expensive it cost me AU$16 for a 8ml container that would last you for years.

the camoflage kit was about AU$25 its a 2mlx5 set.

https://costume.hypermart.net/store/c532.html

here is a online shop for US people. they only sell the single colors.

the color chart is a bit deceiving here.

but looking at kyolan.com color chart is more accurate compared to my own dermacolor

the ones u would need from the camoflage kit is D2 (green undertones)

D1W and D7 u can mix these to match your skin tone. best to mix it becuz your skin change color with summer/winter and the containers will last a very long time!

u will also need a very small nylon makeup brush to apply it. use the end of the brush to scrape a tiny bit out. this way the dermacolor will not get contaminated.

I know how hard it is to stop wearing makeup... When I was in grade 10, I used to wear a little foundation, but as my acne got worse, I piled on more and more to cover it. In grade 11, I forced myself to stop wearing it, but I didn't stop right away. I kind of "weaned" myself off of foundation, if you will.

I used a tinted moisturizer (Avon Clearskin tinted moisturizer.. I think it has been discontinued) for a while, and then just stopped using any kind of cover up. After that I just used translucent loose powder.

I felt kind of crummy for a week, but then I got used to seeing myself without makeup on, and saw my skin improve over the coming days, weeks and years...

Good luck!