Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

I keep hearing people say negative things about cereal andits effect on acne, but if I am eating Special K, which is just corn flakes, would that make me break out????

I'm sure it's possible to get breakouts from eating certain types of cereals, also not everyone has a good reaction with milk. I personally can't eat cereal at all because I am lactose intolerant.

If you're acne is caused in part or exclusively by candida then almost all commercial cereals will be a problem because they might promote yeast growth. The ingredients in cereal that may promote yeast are barley malt (this is a sweetener that is made by fermenting barley with yeast), which is in most cereals, and the B-vitamins and vitamin D which are usually derived from yeast.

I have no trouble having a non-fortified, malt free cereal (from the healthy section) with non-fortified rice milk/almond milk.

Another "healthy" ingredient to watch out for if you have candida related problems is rice syrup, with is fermented rice.

Good luck.

If i eat a lot of sugary cereals like frosted flakes ill break out a little. I've been eating rice chex which has only a little sugar. Eating a lot of processed foods CAN aggravate acne. Pretty much... do it in moderation! I just love my frosted flakes tho.