Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

Dan...Bad news about BP percentages.

Well I gathered the testicular fortitude that I needed, and I dropped down to 5% BP from 10%. Ive been on it for a week now and the first few days it seemed everything was going well...but now. Now one week later im starting to get little red marks. Theyre just tiny pimples that dont get very bad, but I never used to get these. The only thing thats changed is I went to a lower % BP and now im having problems again. Maybe my skin is just too used to the 10% or maybe theres something else going on, but one thing is for sure...the 10% just is more effective for me than the lower percentages.

not so fast! It could be something in the 5% one you're using. Try the neutrogena on-the-spot before you decide that it is the lower percentage that is giving you problems. If after a month or so of using the on-the-spot and staying generous and gentle you are not happy, by all means revert back to what got you clear. However, why use a 10% drying sort of medication when chances are you'll be fine or better with a 2.5%...

-Dan

No no Dan...You not so fast. The 10% BP that I use is OXY and it works fine for me. The 5% that I dropped down to is also OXY and it has all of the exact same ingredients as the 10%. So this was a clinical study that I had going on here. The only thing that changed was the percentage of the BP so to me it seems pretty obvious that the higher percentage just works better for me. Also, whats the difference between applying a lot of 2.5% or a smaller amount of the 10%?

hey,

Ive been using 5% BP for a weekor so, and i thought cause i got quite blocked pores that didnt develop into acne, i would use it around my chin area to clear that up. But now i've got really rough skin and little pimples :) is this what normally happens at the start of using this cream??

Some people at first dont respond really well to BP. Are you using moisturizer? Also, what brand BP are you using?

hey timbo,

Im using the only brand I could find in Aus, clearisil 5% and I moisturise twice daily...

I stopped using the cream on that area and the redness has gone and its not so dry. No more break outs.. but i dont want to start using it again if thats what its going to do!!

Yea my favorite brand is OXY and I like the 10% strength better than the 5%. The clearasil stuff may work for you if you just make sure your using your moisturizer with it also. I think thats what caused your problems before. Also are you using one of the moisturizers that Dan suggested? That could clog your pores if you have the wrong kind.

I had been using 10% (Benzamycin) for about 3 years, my derm wouldn't give me anything else - about 3 weeks ago I found this site, and I started dans program - - - - everything has improved, very few new pimples and my red spots aren't so red anymore. I think the red spots are less b/c my skin is less irritated -

just my 2 cents

amy

Timbo,

Hey, if the 10% works for you, go for it. What I was saying is that the 5% you were using may have been the wrong product for you, with another ingredient which was interfering. This is why I suggested trying a 2.5% of another product. But why fix what ain't broke...

Why does 2.5% in generous amounts work better than 10% in small amounts? There have certainly not been studies done about this, but my thought is that it has to do with the superior absorbtion experienced when using generous amounts.

-Dan

Well if Dan made it in 5% I would consider buying a tube or two. The tube I have is so much cheaper than Dan's 2.5% tube even without the shipping, I could get about 2.5 tubes of BP 5% than Dan's on tube of BP 2.5 %.

Guest Marino
You know, I was thinking about this the other day...

Small amounts of 10% or large amounts of 2.5%...

(lol, this thread is very very old)

How long have you been using oxy 10%?

'Cause it worked like absolute magic for me. But after a few months it didn't work at all. Which is weird, because you are not supposed to be able to be prone from BP.

I haven't posted on this site in forever. Imagine my surprise to see a thread I started years ago lol.

I quit using the 10% BP when Dan came out with his 2.5%. It was getting such great reviews I just had to try it. I have been using it since it came out, I can't recall how long it has been. It works just as well, if not better than the 10% BP I was previously using. I don't need to tell you guys about the money you will save by using Dan's BP.

I haven't posted on this site in forever.  Imagine my surprise to see a thread I started years ago lol.

I quit using the 10% BP when Dan came out with his 2.5%.  It was getting such great reviews I just had to try it.  I have been using it since it came out, I can't recall how long it has been.  It works just as well, if not better than the 10% BP I was previously using.  I don't need to tell you guys about the money you will save by using Dan's BP.