Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
panther309

I need help with my whiteheads (milia)

I've waited years and years and now I cannot stand it anymore! I have always had hundreds of very small bubble like bumps under and around my eyes only. they are white and are soo god dam hard to pop. I have tried scrubbing them but with no avail. I even went and got a few of them removed with a laser, but what will that do when i have hundreds. I am self-concious about it and its been hurting my social life. I can't stand it anymore I need some way, anyway, to help get rid of these. i cant even find a picture on the net that represents how bad I have these.

Please give your help, advice, opinions.. anything. thank you.

I remember using the Cetaphil Gentle Cleanser for over 2 months and it made me have tons of same-skin-colored bumps all over my forehead and upper cheeks.

I have a few pimples every now and then under my nose or on my chin, but it is not a problem. What do you mean when you say meds? I have tried using the BenziClin, Clearasil, and OXY Blackhead creames but nothing seems to help.

Here is a picture of what Im talking about. I hope this helps.

user posted image

I've waited years and years and now I cannot stand it anymore! I have always had hundreds of very small bubble like bumps under and around my eyes only. they are white and are soo god dam hard to pop. I have tried scrubbing them but with no avail. I even went and got a few of them removed with a laser, but what will that do when i have hundreds. I am self-concious about it and its been hurting my social life. I can't stand it anymore I need some way, anyway, to help get rid of these. i cant even find a picture on the net that represents how bad I have these.

Please give your help, advice, opinions.. anything. thank you.

Hm. Yea, I see what you mean now. Some look like they can be picked out easily but then the others I see at a different angle look like they're embedded into your skin. I can see why you're frustrated. eusa_wall.gif

Anyway, let's see if we can do something for ya. What cleanser do you currently use? Do you moisturize? Do you constantly rub your eyes? Maybe your pillows and towels need to be changed more frequently? Sorry about the barrage of questions. I haven't come across a problem like yours before and I definitely want to get my facts straight. I hope you'll get some answers out of this forum.

Hm. Yea, I see what you mean now. Some look like they can be picked out easily but then the others I see at a different angle look like they're embedded into your skin. I can see why you're frustrated.  eusa_wall.gif

Anyway, let's see if we can do something for ya. What cleanser do you currently use? Do you moisturize? Do you constantly rub your eyes? Maybe your pillows and towels need to be changed more frequently? Sorry about the barrage of questions. I haven't come across a problem like yours before and I definitely want to get my facts straight. I hope you'll get some answers out of this forum.

Yeah, I have Millia too, all over my face. Some are larger than others. I have Tons of small ones all over. They're little white bumps and they make your skin look bumpy. I have tried a lot of products which haven't worked completely, however, exfolliating regularly and cleansing 2 times a day has helped improve my skins texture. I also use a lighter moisturizer, as heavy creams may cause more Millia to develop. Basically, your skin is not exfoliating on it's own properly and your pores are getting blocked. I have had to prick the small white lumps out of my skin with a needle. Squeezing them does nothing, as mine are little round balls under my skin. They aren't soft and they don't "ooze" out when pricked. Anyway, I would buy any product to get rid of them completely. Does anyone know if Proactive works?

Milia are not caused by inadequate hygiene, nor do they have anything to do with bacteria. That is why your topical antibiotics and agressive use of cleansers did nothing for you. There are many theories as to why milia occur, but in truth, no one really knows for sure. They just happen on their own, pretty much regardless of how well you take care of your skin, or whether or not you have acne.

Because these are just small bags of debris (mostly dead skin cells and sebum) caught just under the top layer of skin, they can sometimes resolve by the use of mild exfoliating products which erode the overlying thin layer of skin. However, not everyone's face can put up with the abrasion, and this might cause more problems than it cures. Also, keep in mind that these products will not stop the formation of new lesions.

It has been reported that milia can sometimes be controlled with the use of a topical retinoid such as Retin-A. It would be worth your while to ask your derm provider about this.

i have these too. mine dont go away but when i used something abrASive it spread the infection all over my face. i dont recommend using anything abrasive. mine all happend when i used loreal microdermabrasion kit and put tamanu oil on my face ( dfamn these boards some tiems ) - anyway do these bumps go away if left alone ? cuz im about to do that that is the pint im too i have hundreds of small ones all over and some imbedded ones. sigh ! so i am jus going to wait it out these acne products are killing my skin and the scrubs maqke my acne spread even more AVOID SCRUBS PPl

have you tried steaming before? i think steaming should help...i had small bumps on my forehead and i stopped some things in my regimen and they subsided, but since i started steaming my forehead became very clean...give steaming a try to see if you can get the debris out