Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

Well, I know this may seem a bit dramatic. But we are all here for the same reasons. This is mainly for the people who have been successful with their regimen.

I'm happy to say I started the regimen with Provon PCMX, and I am 100% clear. This is all I use; no toners, moisturizers, etc... Since my complexion has been pretty good for the past couple months (with the exception of the few weeks I tried Dan's bp gel) I also am free of red marks. So my skin is looking beautiful and free of blemishes.

However, when my skin is clear like this, I feel like I'm constantly living in fear for the next zit to appear. Throughout the day, if I feel any tiny itch or tingle I'm immeditaly freaking out that a breakout is coming on. It gets to be too much. I am always obsessing about my face and worrying a pimple is forming. I never look in a mirror. Even though I'm totally clear right now, I still will not look in a mirror for the fear of what might be coming. It seems like this is worse than when I actually was in a breakout, or when I was 14 and breaking out pretty bad. Atleast then I knew what to expect when I saw myself. Now that things are going well, I find myself obsessing over very small imperfections that I only could have wished of having in years past.

I really hope this new regimen keeps me clear. I really believe my acne was caused my using too many products from the time puberty hit. When I was 16 I had to go away for 6 weeks and I did not have anything to use and my skin cleared completely. You think that would have been a clue, but upon returning I continued to use BP and the breakouts continued until a few weeks ago when I thew out everything and started the PCMX. So hopefully this works so I will no longer obsess over my complexion.

"It gets to be too much. I am always obsessing about my face and worrying a pimple is forming. I never look in a mirror. Even though I'm totally clear right now, I still will not look in a mirror for the fear of what might be coming"

i know what you feel about not looking in the mirror...

i am too....actually, i stand a feet or two away from the mirror...it seems to confirm the reality of my face situation...

it hurts to look in the mirror.... sad.gif

doesnt sound too dramatic too me man, in fact it sounds almost exactly like the state im in right now

the regimen im using keeps me clearer than i have been for eight years, and my skin look ten times better than what it did even two months ago. my red marks are fading and the spots i do get are smaller and fade faster

however, just like you, every slight tingle, the smallest bump, blemish or hint of a spot gets me sweating and worrying like you wouldnt believe. and, just like you, it never used to bother me this bad, even when my acne was at its worse

i think one of the lasting psychological effects of this condition is the fact that you cant enjoy the clear skin you crave for so long, because you're too busy worrying that it might go back to how it was

what is proven PCMX, and where can I get this?? I'm glad you are 100% clear by the way. My only used to have 2-3 active acne with red marks before but now i seem to be having little pimples breaking out everywhere on my face. I need something to get rid of these. I'm always living in fear of my next break out too whenever I get clear. Acne is a curse.

doesnt sound too dramatic too me man, in fact it sounds almost exactly like the state im in right now

the regimen im using keeps me clearer than i have been for eight years, and my skin look ten times better than what it did even two months ago.  my red marks are fading and the spots i do get are smaller and fade faster

however, just like you, every slight tingle, the smallest bump, blemish or hint of a spot gets me sweating and worrying like you wouldnt believe.  and, just like you, it never used to bother me this bad, even when my acne was at its worse

i think one of the lasting psychological effects of this condition is the fact that you cant enjoy the clear skin you crave for so long, because you're too busy worrying that it might go back to how it was

You must stay confident in whatever treatment you are doing, if it has worked up to now, stay confident in it, and if you do get say a small zit here or there don't freak out over it, look back and remember how many more zits you had instead of just one. Stressing over it won't help at all, deal with it.

I know how you feel, when my skin is clearing up good i always seem to try and find a blemish to pick about with and end up making my face break out again! It's so i feel that theres always somethin to be improved.