Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Gurra

Flax seed oil. (Omega-3)

yo i had this really itchy red patch on my leg like almost like psoriosis..and oh god if i just like touched it it would itch like a F*cker..well after reading some post about omega 6 i remembered that i was taking a 3-6-9 pill in like morning...so i stopped and after like 4 days the patch is totally gone...what a great feeling.acne is better too..no new bumps...does this make sense to anyone?

yo i had this really itchy red patch on my leg like almost like psoriosis..and oh god if i just like touched it it would itch like a F*cker..well after reading some post about omega 6 i remembered that i was taking a 3-6-9 pill in like morning...so i stopped and after like 4 days the patch is totally gone...what a great feeling.acne is better too..no new bumps...does this make sense to anyone?

Gurra,

How long ago were you taking accutane, what dose were you on, when did you stop and why did you stop?

How soon after stopping the accutane did you commence your experiment?

How much flax oil are you taking?

How is your skin now, still a 95% improvement?

Sorry for all the questions, i was just hoping you could fill me in a little more, because i am vey curious.

acne vs link //

How long ago were you taking accutane, what dose were you on, when did you stop and why did you stop?

3 years ago. About 40-60mg/day for 6 months. The basic treatment.

The acne came back after 2 months. Started low dose accutane like 16 months from now. Like 40 mg / week. Started flax seed oil about 2 weeks ago. No accutane since then.

1 tablespoon per day.

Yes.

Sorry for all the questions, i was just hoping you could fill me in a little more, because i am vey curious.

No problem.  smile.gif

I am thinking about adding borage oil so I get some GLA to. Will write more about that when/if i start with borage.

acne vs link //

3 years ago. About 40-60mg/day for 6 months. The basic treatment.

The acne came back after 2 months. Started low dose accutane like 16 months from now. Like 40 mg / week. Started flax seed oil about 2 weeks ago. No accutane since then.

1 tablespoon per day.

Yes.

No problem.  smile.gif

I am thinking about adding borage oil so I get some GLA to. Will write more about that when/if i start with borage.

If flx-seed oil makes the skin dryer as in Gurras case. What kind of supliement should a person like me, who has to dry skin and acne, take?

If flx-seed oil makes the skin dryer as in Gurras case. What kind of supliement should a person like me, who has to dry skin and acne, take?

Thak you Gurra! I actually tried borage oil last year and unfortunately it didn´t do anything for me. But I have a bottle of flax-seed oil at home so I´m gonna try that soon.

Anna

I have been taking flaxseed oil & evening primrose oil. I make a banana soy milk smoothie with cinamon & LSA mix. I can't even taste the oils in this mix and it is a great breakfast.

Anyone tried it as a moisturizer?

Here is a quote from the product/treatment rating page under flax seed oil:

I actually put the flaxseed oil on my face every night before bed. I have to say that my acne has cleared 80% in about 2 weeks.

I used to take flax internally every morning and evening but it didn't seem to work. So before throwing the bottle out I had this random idea to put it directly on my face. Now, I actually enjoy looking in the mirror every morning. Something I haven't enjoyed in years.

Sounds great!  smile.gif

You should switch to borage oil instead of evening primrose oil if you can. More GLA, more Omega-3 and much less bad Omega-6.

If your taking Borage oil for acne, only take 1000mg a day and if you can, contact your doctor ahead of time. I wouldn't recommend using it in high dosages for a long period of time as there are thoughts it may damage the liver and that it has cancer-causing properties.

Been on the flax seed oil now for a week and my skin has become really dry. Like I was on accutane or something. Glad because I use to have oily skin.  smile.gif

If your taking Borage oil for acne, only take 1000mg a day and if you can, contact your doctor ahead of time. I wouldn't recommend using it in high dosages for a long period of time as there are thoughts it may damage the liver and that it has cancer-causing properties.