Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

I have tons of blackheads on my nose, they're relatively large. I'm already using the Mint Julep mask, anyone know anything else that helps?

I have tons of blackheads on my nose, they're relatively large.  I'm already using the Mint Julep mask, anyone know anything else that helps?

I have tons of blackheads on my nose, they're relatively large.  I'm already using the Mint Julep mask, anyone know anything else that helps?

Listen this is what you do.

You steam ur face(u kno sauna steam room) 10 mins

Ur pores will all be open u shud be able to literally wipe them out. If not apply slight pressure to extract them.

The exfoliate while the pores are still open and hot.

The let warm water run over ur face to get rid of all the scum that just come out through sweat and things.

Then run cold water over ur pores to close them again.

THATS HOW ITS DONE.

Thats exactly what I have on my nose , just not as bad, I thought they were blackheads. 

How can you get rid of them?

Wow, I really always thought those little bastards were blackheads. I've been squeezing them and such. That has a limited effect.

Anyone know a good brand of adhesive strips?

Wow, I really always thought those little bastards were blackheads.  I've been squeezing them and such.  That has a limited effect. 

Me too! Mine look identical to that picture on the weblink, and I always thought they were blackheads. So how do we go about getting them removed. Should I ask a doctor to remove them or what?

You can remove them yourself by using the "pore lifting strips".  However, it works a lot better if you first loosen them up with a retinoid such as Retin-A for a few months, and then go at 'em.  Once you have improved, stay on the retinoid, and use the strips several times a year.

Wow, I really always thought those little bastards were blackheads.  I've been squeezing them and such.  That has a limited effect. 

I used "Retin A micro gel 0.1%" for almost 2 months and I noticed that they started to come out easily  , so i started using "Biore deep cleansing pore strips"  (on nose and forehead) to remove them.

I used to do that after washing my face at night (15 min), then after removing the strips  I put on Retin A and went to sleep.

I had amazing results.

wink.gif

Guest Anubis
I think a lot of people didnt have success with pore strips because they were using them on blackheads. They might work on blackheads, but now that I know its something different, I think getting the hair fibers out with a pore strip is the answer. What I am having trouble with, are the nostrils, cause they are odd shaped and the pore strip doesnt attach strong enough to them. Is there any pro out there with these strips on ways to get them to stick real good to the nose? If I dont get any answers on this, I might make a new topic on how to use the strips to there most effective.

Honestly when I use the pore strips I cut them to fit my nose. I cut them into 3 strips one for down the middle and one for each side...this works better for me .

It sounds like you all have the same thing I did. Here's what I did for treatment:

I use an AHA cream every morning and evening. One brand is Alpha Hydrox, but Walgreens also makes a generic 8% AHA cream. Anything with less than 10% alpha hydroxy will probably work. This works as a chemical exfoliant, and loosens up the papules.

After using this cream for about two weeks, I washed my face with warm water and used Biore pore strips. Let 'em dry, blahblahblah ...and when I removed them, I took off literally hundreds of those little blackheads/hair clumps/whatever they are. I'd used the pore strips before, but never with results like this.

I think the key, as some people have already said, is to loosen the blockages with something before attempting to extract them ...I use AHA, but it sounds like some people use Retin-A. It probably all works basically the same way.

It sounds like you all have the same thing I did.  Here's what I did for treatment:

I use an AHA cream every morning and evening.  One brand is Alpha Hydrox, but Walgreens also makes a generic 8% AHA cream.  Anything with less than 10% alpha hydroxy will probably work.  This works as a chemical exfoliant, and loosens up the papules.

After using this cream for about two weeks, I washed my face with warm water and used Biore pore strips.  Let 'em dry, blahblahblah ...and when I removed them, I took off literally hundreds of those little blackheads/hair clumps/whatever they are.  I'd used the pore strips before, but never with results like this.

I think the key, as some people have already said, is to loosen the blockages with something before attempting to extract them ...I use AHA, but it sounds like some people use Retin-A.  It probably all works basically the same way.

thanks a lot for your replies caffeinefree. I had always assumed these things on my nose were blackheads as well, and ruitinely squeze them out, only for them to return days later. I've noticed lately that a day or 2 after i squeeze at them, a larger zit will form over the area where i was pressing. I will start using my AHA again (didnt work well before for the rest of my face) to loosen these things. Everytime I have ever used a blackhead strip before, it has always irritated my nose pretty badly, so beware people who havent used them before. Sometimes my nose would break out a few days after using them.