Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
LRei17

so i tried everything, then i tried accutane

and accutane cured my acne for about six months after i finished my program with the dermatologist.... and now it's back full force, as if i was in highschool all over again.

what in the hell?!?!

my acne began on my forehead, moved to my nose, rotated to my cheeks (stayed there and still have them there), i got bacne which went away and now i have it on my chest...

i'm so SICK of this!

i'm almost 23 and don't get taken seriously in the office and am talked to like a child (acne makes me look like i'm 15!)... not to mention that i've had pimples since i was EIGHT YEARS OLD... i was an early bloomer.

i can't smile without feeling them on my face... i dread summer because i'm embarassed to go swimming... i'm sick of hearing "don't eat so much chocolate" and *random* mary kay ladies coming up to me at the grocery store/work/on the street/ and offering me free facials because to them, i don't "take care of myself". which on top of being absolutely ludicrous if someone even bothered to speak with me instead of focusing on the giant zits on my face they'd know that i am a diet and fitness EXPERT

i just got some vitamins... i hope they help...

today is just a bad day and my acne is not helping.

That's rough. I had it very severe too. I know what you mean by people thinking you are younger than you are, and not taking you seriously. That's the shits.

Also, I know what you mean by feeling them when you smile. sleeping, washing and anything involving your face can be painful. I know.

Maybe you should give accutane another go. I have heard that it takes some people 2 rounds for it to work properly. A couple months apart. Might be a good time to start considering it.

Good luck!! Keep us updated.

I'm on my second round too. My skin has never been very responsive to any treatments but my first round did help quite a lot. I'm hoping this next round will last long enough for my damn hormones to calm down (I'm 21 though so if it doesn't stop soon, looks like it might be permanent).

Hang in there and keep trying.

Either you are not seeing your dermatologist enough, or you need a new dermatologist. There is no reason why you should be in the predicament you are in.

By the way, if your acne really is that bad, then you should be spending your money on real acne treatment, instead of vitamins. If your diet is reasonably good, you aren't vitamin deficient.

haha yeh, the stupid thing is when people come up to u thinking u haven't taken care of ur skin is that you actually have probably tried 100x more things and tried 100x more harder to take care of your skin.

i would go on a second round of accutane BUT it put me in such an emotional tail spin i don't want to put myself through that again (depressant rage is never fun).

when i did go for my accutane treatment everything went by the book. my skin was totally clear after 6 months.... then about 3 months later it started coming back.