Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
kel

this is what a nutritionist told me about roaccuta

i was told by a nutritionist that roaccutane can have horrable side effects if you ever want to have children,not just during or after but it will have effects long term,is this bollocks cos this fucking scared me!!!!!!

How did the nutritionist substantiate his claim?

To my knowledge, fertility problems are not listed as a side effect of Accutane and considering it's a controversial drug you would think that would have come up by now.

she didnt say, i thought maybe she was referring to whilst you are on it at first but she wasnt,she meant fertility probs in future,i dont believe it!

i ve heard about that before. I was going to go on it before i heard about the regimen, so i looked up on it on the net. You wouldnt belive some of the crazy shit thats happened to people that have taken it. But im sure the majority of people who take it will have no problems with it. It s just like any other drug- they all have their dangers.

Accutane is a strong teratogen-- it causes deformities in the fetus if you take it while pregnant. If you take Accutane you must not become pregnant. Talk to your doctor-- I think you're supposed to wait 6 months after 'tane before becoming pregnant.

Accutane is a strong teratogen-- it causes deformities in the fetus if you take it while pregnant. If you take Accutane you must not become pregnant. Talk to your doctor-- I think you're supposed to wait 6 months after 'tane before becoming pregnant.

Read this.

http://www.dermadoctor.com/pages/newslette...F1618A0B9118%7D

"Accutane will ONLY affect a DEVELOPING FETUS. It has no affect on the ovaries, sperm or reproductive organs. One of the most misunderstood issues about Accutane is related to this. So many people will say they don’t want to take Accutane as it will cause problems with having children in the future and this just is not true. I took Accutane and have 2 beautiful healthy children. However, no woman should get pregnant while on Accutane or for 30 days after discontinuing it’s use."

Don't let some nutritionist without dermatological qualifications sell you unsubstantiated, statistically and clinically refuted scare stories.