Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

Hello fellow taners, ex-taners, future taners,

I just want to give a bit of an update as to my skin situation. Well, I've been off of the accutane for about 2 months now. My oil production has returned to what it was before the accutane. I even think it's a little worse but that may be because my skin was relatively dry during the treatment. I'm still 100 percent clear except for a big cyst that developed on my scalp. Ewww. My scalp seems to be overproducing sebum. I need to wash my hair at least every day. But, I can't really complain at this point as I have not developed any further lesions on my face or anywhere else other than my scalp. Yessss. I'm very happy about that. As for my scars. I hate them. My face is still, or I should say all my skin, is extremely extremely fragile. I couldn't imagine doing anything to my skin, even using proactiv. I will be starting the Retin A in a few weeks. I hope this will help the residual scarring. One plus to the oily skin though is that it seems to be helping heal the skin, the scarring. I guess there isn't anything like your own body's natural moisturizer. My eyes can still get quite dry but my lips are back to their normal selves. I don't have any aches or pains though I occasionally do get really tired especially if I eat high fat foods. I think my liver is still trying to get to its former self. Mood wise? I can get quite down on myself because of the scars to the point where I go back to my former habits of not wanting to go out. But, heck, my skin does look a lot better. Also, the red marks are still there. I would say at medium quantity. But, I need to have patience and that's it.

If i've missed anything, please ask.

Take care,

GO

Oil production back to normal within 2 months? Damn that sucks.

I would suggest using retin A now. Why do you want to wait for a few weeks if you oil production is back to normal?

It is not good to let the oil come back.

What strengh did your derm prescribe for your retin A? Is it cream or gel?

Hello fellow taners, ex-taners, future taners,

I just want to give a bit of an update as to my skin situation. Well, I've been off of the accutane for about 2 months now. My oil production has returned to what it was before the accutane. I even think it's a little worse but that may be because my skin was relatively dry during the treatment. I'm still 100 percent clear except for a big cyst that developed on my scalp. Ewww. My scalp seems to be overproducing sebum. I need to wash my hair at least every day. But, I can't really complain at this point as I have not developed any further lesions on my face or anywhere else other than my scalp. Yessss. I'm very happy about that. As for my scars. I hate them. My face is still, or I should say all my skin, is extremely extremely fragile. I couldn't imagine doing anything to my skin, even using proactiv. I will be starting the Retin A in a few weeks. I hope this will help the residual scarring. One plus to the oily skin though is that it seems to be helping heal the skin, the scarring. I guess there isn't anything like your own body's natural moisturizer. My eyes can still get quite dry but my lips are back to their normal selves. I don't have any aches or pains though I occasionally do get really tired especially if I eat high fat foods. I think my liver is still trying to get to its former self. Mood wise? I can get quite down on myself because of the scars to the point where I go back to my former habits of not wanting to go out. But, heck, my skin does look a lot better. Also, the red marks are still there. I would say at medium quantity. But, I need to have patience and that's it.

If i've missed anything, please ask.

Take care,

GO

Hello,

They prescribed Stieva. I don't know the potency. I guess I should start it soon but i'm going on vacation and i'll be in the sun. So...meh, maybe i'll wait till afterwards.

Thanks,

GO

PS

How are you?

Oil production back to normal within 2 months? Damn that sucks.

I would suggest using retin A now. Why do you want to wait for a few weeks if you oil production is back to normal?

It is not good to let the oil come back.

What strengh did your derm prescribe for your retin A? Is it cream or gel?

Hey,

No prob. Thank you for reading my post. First off, you really shouldn't be using Proactiv during accutane. You're going to cause yourself some scarring issues. Please stop and use a gentle soap like cetaphil or spectrogel. Seriously. And, moisturize every night. The only scars I got from accutane were in places where my face would wrinkle and contract. Because I didn't moisturize enough I got scars in my dimples!!! Anyway, right now i'm using a mild cleanser from neutrogena.

Keep me updated on your progress. Good luck.

GO smile.gif

Thanks for the update. It's very helpful. One question, what are you using on your face now, and what were you using during accutane? I am using proactiv cleanser now (during accutane) because if i use a more gegntle cleanser my face does not get clean. Thanks smile.gif

Hey GO!

Good to hear from ya. I've been a little absent lately...I'll be doing my 1-month Post-Tane update in a couple weeks!

Sorry to hear about the oil coming back... but you can thank God that your skin is still clear! That's amazing. And I really do think that your natural oils will help improve your skin tone.

I'll be looking forward to your updates using the Steiva. My derm didn't prescribe me anything to use after Accutane, so I'm interested to see if you benefit from using more acne treatment post-Tane.

Have fun on vacation!! Where are you going? I just got back from a little trip to Las Vegas with some girl friends, and it was a blast biggrin.gif I sunbathed my bum off and I didn't burn... my face did feel a bit more sensitive after sun exposure, but it tanned nicely, no problems. I'd hold off on starting the Steiva though - unless you're wearing a hat the whole time smile.gif

Love ya!

Mae

ps. I changed my avatar to a drunk picture of me in Vegas, to get you excited for your vacation smile.gif Haha!

Guest Craigems

hahaha, lil mae drunk...

GO, cool i'm also eager to know about that steiva a treatment. I really do hope everyones acne is in total remission post tane! Acne is fkn gay. Its a life waster.

Anyways take it easy guys, i hope the oil starts to calm down for u GO so its only just a lil 2 month backlash and then by month 3 skin will be normal.

Hey,

Thanks so much for your support. I think I will wait till I get back to start the Steiva. I'm going to go sun bathing in Spain. Sweet. Let me know how you're doing? smile.gif

Thanks Mae,

GO

Hey GO!

Good to hear from ya. I've been a little absent lately...I'll be doing my 1-month Post-Tane update in a couple weeks!

Sorry to hear about the oil coming back... but you can thank God that your skin is still clear! That's amazing. And I really do think that your natural oils will help improve your skin tone.

I'll be looking forward to your updates using the Steiva. My derm didn't prescribe me anything to use after Accutane, so I'm interested to see if you benefit from using more acne treatment post-Tane.

Have fun on vacation!! Where are you going? I just got back from a little trip to Las Vegas with some girl friends, and it was a blast biggrin.gif I sunbathed my bum off and I didn't burn... my face did feel a bit more sensitive after sun exposure, but it tanned nicely, no problems. I'd hold off on starting the Steiva though - unless you're wearing a hat the whole time smile.gif

Love ya!

Mae

ps. I changed my avatar to a drunk picture of me in Vegas, to get you excited for your vacation smile.gif Haha!

My oil came back too within two months of my accutane treatment. I'm on my second course now (just started). However, I never completely cleared from my first treatment so I sort of expected this from the start. EVEN with my oil back my overall skin did improve quite a lot.

Remember, oil is only a small factor of what causes acne. The most important part is how your skin sheds its cells (which is actually what accutane does-- the dryness is more of a side effect than anything).

Bless your soul doggy. I think you've made me feel a whole lot better. I am also not opposed to doing a second course. Strangely, besides being extremely tired, I did feel better on it. It calmed my nerves or something. I"m really jittery now.??? Maybe i'm lacking some B vitamins on account of being a vegetarian and all.

Guest Craigems

Yeh eat meat and you'll be right. Meat solves all our dietry problems. PROTEIN PROTEIN PROTEIN!

tongue.gif:P:P lol (teasin)