Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Guest Marino

latest research

Guest Marino

I got an email from a doctor saying "the latest research is that avoiding high GI carbs can reduce your acne by up to 55%".

Has anyone heard about this??

1. Did you get this as spam? Even if it is true I just forget about anything related to spam becuase if they were trying to come across as credible, harassing me is the worst way to go about it.

2. Did this latest research come with a link?

3. High GI foods and thier relation to glucose/insulin, like anything else, doesn't exist in vacuum. There are tons of factors. If it does clear you consider yourself in the minority (Don't judge anything on these boards as representative of the whole population with acne because most here have tried everything and failed).

1. Did you get this as spam? Even if it is true I just forget about anything related to spam becuase if they were trying to come across as credible, harassing me is the worst way to go about it.

2. Did this latest research come with a link?

3. High GI foods and thier relation to glucose/insulin, like anything else, doesn't exist in vacuum. There are tons of factors. If it does clear you consider yourself in the minority (Don't judge anything on these boards as representative of the whole population with acne because most here have tried everything and failed).

High GI is a relative term. High GI doesn't mean high GL and hardly anyone eats a meal consisting of only one item, they combine fats, protein, carbs, fiber, etc... which all really makes the term high GI less important during meals. Those that exercise or weightlift also have a harder time spiking thier blood sugar(Expecially after a cardio or weightlifting workout where it's damn near impossible to spike it because your receptor cells are craving all the glucose it can get). If you drink a glass of wine or beer or any alcohol, your blood sugar is going to go down as well.

I say a healthy balanced diet and lifestyle is going to give you a stable blood sugar level anyway.

Guest Marino

na it wasn't spam. I emailed a doctor about my medication and scar treatments [i never asked about acne itself] she just added it in [seems a bit unsual actually]. I'm not dissing the doc or anything but I'm just skeptical about the food and acne relation [but hey if it works for you, GO FOR IT]. I'd like to try it out myslef but my acne is clearing due to the retinoids I'm using so its too hard to tell. Check out the email:

From: "Dr R Bright" <[email protected]> Add to Address Book

To: "'Marino'" *edit*

Subject: RE: Enquiry

Date: Wed, 11 May 2005 18:09:52 +1000

Dear Marino,

First cons is $60. The latest research is that avoiding high GI carbs can reduce you acne by up to 55%

Regards Dr Bright

-----Original Message-----

Sent: Wednesday, 11 May 2005 9:11 AM

To: [email protected]

Subject: RE: Enquiry

Dr Bright,

Thank you so much doctor, you've saved me alot of time and money [my derm chargers $125 a visit, evan for simple questions].

I'll start saving up for the peel, and I'll come in for a consultation around late June/July. Does the consultation charge anything or is it free?

Thank you for your time

Marino Philadianou

Dr R Bright <[email protected]> wrote:

Dear Marino

Isotrex can extend healing times. Stop the isotrex until your skin is moist and then peel.

Regards Dr Bright

-----Original Message-----

Sent: Friday, 6 May 2005 7:28 PM

To: [email protected]

Subject: Enquiry

Hi,

I'm interested in having a peel for my acne scars. However I am still currently on my acne medication [isotrex]. Does this particular medication interfere with having the peel, or is there a "cooling down period" I have to wait before I can begin with scar treatment? Just curious becasue some scar treatments require the patient to be off certain types of medication becasue they can stop the healing process.

Thank you

Guest Marino

Yea your right, Isotrex is like topical accutane.

Its a retinoid like RetinA [which topical trertinoin] , but is isotretinoin. I'm not sure what the difference is. They both seem to have the same results, side affects ect.