Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

Just had to ask. My dark marks are actually fading because of Likas Papaya soap and green papaya cream, but I get tempted sometimes to do a little more.

Just had to ask. My dark marks are actually fading because of Likas Papaya soap and green papaya cream, but I get tempted sometimes to do a little more.

And besides, I heard chemical peels really don't do much for scars. How long have you been on accutane? I've been on it only 2 months (80mg, then 100mg's) and I don't think my skin could handle it. It could seriously scar more.

isnt accutane basically doing the same as a peel anyway? i mean the rate at which my skin is peeling and flaking away is so fast, i often think i mite not moisturise over the weekend so the top layer of skin dries and flakes away, surely this wud fade marks?????

If you want to end up with disfiguring, severe scarring, do whatever you like. You know you shouldn't. Isn't that enough? I'm sorry. I know it's really hard to be patient, but wouldn't you rather be happy in the longterm instead of gratifying your impulses?

Accutane peeling is different than chemical peel. Accutane peeling is just flaking due to dryness of the top most layer of skin and is harmless.

Chemical peels are deeper and forcibly remove the skin, which if done during accutane course can cause the skin to overproduce protien and cause keloid scars.

So in an attempt to get rid of depressed scars you would get raised keloid scars.

Accutane peeling is different than chemical peel. Accutane peeling is just flaking due to dryness of the top most layer of skin and is harmless.

Chemical peels are deeper and forcibly remove the skin, which if done during accutane course can cause the skin to overproduce protien and cause keloid scars.

So in an attempt to get rid of depressed scars you would get raised keloid scars.

eek! never mind then. ninja.gif i'll stick with my papaya soap and cream.