Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Dustino

BP Gel and Red marks...

Ok say you just started BP, and you put it on red marks that you already had. Will it prolong those marks, or does it just prolong red marks that are left from acne that the BP got rid of? Because I have alot of red marks and have been holding off on BP as I dont want them to stay long, but I've been getting a bit of acne lately and would like to put a light layer of Bp over my face to help fight it. Anyone know? thanks biggrin.gif

BP would help you stop pimples for the future, and make the ones you have now go away quicker, but I've heard that it prolongs red marks.

- CaN 0

Prolonging red-marks is just a myth there is no scientific proof that it "prolongs scars" so I wouldn't worry about that.

Prolonging red-marks is just a myth there is no scientific proof that it "prolongs scars" so I wouldn't worry about that.

Guest TylerD

Ya same here i think mine would have deffinitely been gone if it wasnt for bp im still on benzoyl peroxide and my acne is all gone pretty much like i dont really have any active acne i get a couple here and there but just red marks look like complete shit some days. Some days they will look good and then other days they just look like so red and big its fuckin horrible. I hate red marks grrrr. But if they bother you that much you could wear a concealer i do biggrin.gif

I dunno, ive been on Bp for a long time. So i couldnt even say if it prolongs them or not. Red marks seem to take forever to completely go away for most anyone regardless if they use BP or not.

red marks are making me stop using bp..Ive been on it for past year. I break out occasionally, add bp, goes away, but my face has red marks where i had pimples. the marks stay for weeks! completely ridiculos. im better off with a pimple that lasts an extra day and no red mark, then a red mark for weeks.

im going to only use bp with major outbreak. other than that, ill wash 2x a day as normal w/mostorizer.

bp=red marks..forget it..

(by the way im using neutrigena on the spot which is supposed to be 'mild' and make redness go away..yeah rite..

^ WTF?

Ok maybe BP makes red marks last a little longer... but eventually they will all fade and youll stop getting pimples therefore no more red marks. Or you can be like me and apply a creme to fade your red marks after you apply the bp (I use herbal logix spot scar and blemish creme with glycolic acid and vitamin K)

for me BP is actually making my red marks fade since i started using it ALOT its working really good and getting really good results each day

red marks are making me stop using bp..Ive been on it for past year. I break out occasionally, add bp, goes away, but my face has red marks where i had pimples.  the marks stay for weeks! completely ridiculos. im better off with a pimple that lasts an extra day and no red mark, then a red mark for weeks.

im going to only use bp with major outbreak. other than that, ill wash 2x a day as normal w/mostorizer.

bp=red marks..forget it..

(by the way im using neutrigena on the spot which is supposed to be 'mild' and make redness go away..yeah rite..