Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

I struggled with acne since i was 11 years old, and finally, my junior and senior year of highschool it was clear! i had been to the derm. soo many times i cant remember, tried so many medicines, its not even funny. I even have slight scars on my face, not from acne, but from getting sunburned so bad while i was on differen. and then one summer i stopped taking them, my face cleared. like, no more acne at all. a few breakouts here and there, but nothing major. so when i had just turned 18, i had to go back to the derm. to get medicine for my sun spots, and he said, why dont we try to get your face better. so i said alright, i'll try it again. BIG MISTAKE!!! ever since then, my face is worse than when i was 15. I have broken out all on my forehead, on my cheeks, chin... its awful. So i have a question, do you think you derm. has helped you, or made your acne worse?

Did he give you Differin by any chance? That breaks you out before it clears you. I've had plenty of shit dermatalogists. Some were not only mean, but yes, they made my face worse too. I adore my derm now. She is a godsend! It takes time to find someone you like. Keep checking out different doctors until you find one you are happy with. You deserve it--especially considering the fact all the $$$ you are paying them!

I have very mixed feelings about my derm and whether or not he has helped me. It seems likenone of the perscription medications ever did anything for me. However, the topical treatments he perscribed for me did help. What I did was stop the meds he gave me and stuck to the topicals....until findning Dan's regimen, which is way better. Now I am on ortho and the regiemen, and my skin is much clearer. I have a future appointment with him, but this time i am going to tell him what I know and want. I think the key to dealing with derms is to do some of your own research about the type of acne you have. It seems like derms don't treat people uniquely when it comes to acne. They just put you on the plan they think gets rid of everyone's acne.

I don't trust derms. I think that ***most of the time*** they're after your money and that only.

i'm not sure about mine

she doesn't seem to understand my skin is really dry and sensitive and she just keeps telling me to use all this stuff that seems to be making it worse