Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
LadyMacbeth998

PLEASE help a bride-to-be with red marks!

I broke out real bad when I changed birth control. Damage is done, yada yada. All my active acne is gone, except I have bad red marks. The red marks are clustered together, which makes it worse b/c it looks like a sunburned area on each cheek. I've been getting laser treatments which have helped a ton, but it's still not enough, and my wedding is 3 weeks away. Please give me advice on how to get rid of my red marks! I'm scared to dry Delna's ACV and lemon juice method b/c I'm afraid it will make my skin worse. I wish I could turn the clock back to 8 month ago when my skin was great, but I know I can't do that. Please help me a be a beautiful bride sad.gif Makeup can only do so much!

Aloe vera seems to help a bit with redness I've found, I'm not sure if it will completely clear your red marks. I've also seen some microdermabrasion kits at the drug store that said they were good for evening out skin tone on the box but I haven't tried it as I still have active acne, might want to get a second opinion on that one.

Try chemical peels for drastic results. I won't recommend TCA although it is the strongest and would fade your marks 50-70% - it caused my skin to breakout.Lactic Acid is the gentlest peel. Glycolic gave me good results. There's a lot of websites offering these products - i could recommend makeupartistschoice.com because they ship fast.

Good luck!

Also if you're still a bit red by that big day put on some green concealer, as green counteracts the redness and can be easily covered by foundation.

I haven't tried this yet--found it yesterday when someone mentioned NDGA (Nordi somethingsomething acid). Since it is supposed to be good for calming the redness of rosacea skin, it might help. Or not. It's rather pricey, though.

http://www.dermadoctor.com/product.asp?pro...579A7C23ADC7%7D

I was thinking of contacting their help desk with questions before ordering.

With only three weeks to the big day, there's not much margin for an error & being gentle to your skin/not doing anything drastic is likely the safest bet.

Congrats, anyway!

I broke out real bad when I changed birth control. Damage is done, yada yada. All my active acne is gone, except I have bad red marks. The red marks are clustered together, which makes it worse b/c it looks like a sunburned area on each cheek. I've been getting laser treatments which have helped a ton, but it's still not enough, and my wedding is 3 weeks away. Please give me advice on how to get rid of my red marks! I'm scared to dry Delna's ACV and lemon juice method b/c I'm afraid it will make my skin worse. I wish I could turn the clock back to 8 month ago when my skin was great, but I know I can't do that. Please help me a be a beautiful bride sad.gif Makeup can only do so much!

[i'd say a tca about 30%. If you're prone to breakouts it could clog pores, I normally get one or two small zits after the peel comes off but it's no big deal. It's awesome for red marks.

dont forget about that makeup for people with pigmentation problems. I think they still sell it at sears. Its what brides and bridesmaids use to cover up tatoos and stuff. lliterally its theatre makeup. I hope your wedding day is amazing.

ok, 3 weeks. Red marks can last days, weeks, months etc with or without treatment. I guess it all depends. I don't know if I'd experiment with anything drastic leading up to the "BIG DAY". You could try some very light peels. Though, likely those won't help much.

I'm looking forward to doing a Jessner peel myself soon. I'm very excited as it's supposed to get rid of some acne at the same time as scars.

I'd just get a good make-up artist to do your makeup. You probably wouldn't want your wedding pics to have any marks in them. That's photos you will look back on forever. Or just do the makeup yourself. Good luck and congratulations.