Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
bstej

Iffy about starting the regimen

I really want to try the regimen because I want to get my damn acne cleared already... The few things that are holding me back are:

-Sweating/Exercise (If I play or something during the day my face will get really sweaty especially now that it's hot out...) Will this make the BP run or liquid up on my face?

-Swimming (In the ocean{rarely} or in a pool) Will that cause breakouts or screw up the BP?

-Spending the night (If I stay over my buddy's house or go on vacation with someone else I don't want to have to spend 30 minutes in the morning and night doing this because that would be really embarassing... redface.gif ) Is it that big of a problem for people?

-Bleaching clothes... Taking a shirt off or putting it on even after the BP is all absorbed will it bleach my shirts?

I really appreciate it because I don't these little things to hold me back... Thanks

Go for it! I recommend you get Dan's gel, it doesn't turn white if you sweat.

Swimming shouldn't screw up BP but it will wash it off of course. Whether it is bad for breakouts I don't know, I've heard that pools can be.

You can do the regimen in 5-10 minutes. I don't wait after I wash, I wash for 30 seconds, dry, then apply the BP, which absorbs in just a few minutes. I WOULD bring my own towel though, hate to ruin someone elses.

It can bleach clothes, sheets, towels, etc. I haven't had nearly that issue with 2.5% though. Wait until your face it totally dry and you've applied your moisturizer before you put on your shirt. Wear white as much as you can.

Good luck! Don't let these things hold you back. And once you get on the plan, stick with it. It doesn't work overnight but it does work for a lot of people.

sweating: http://www.acne.org/faq.html#sweat Also, get yourself a 2.5% gel instead of a cream and you should be able to avoid white streaks.

swimming: http://www.acne.org/faq.html#swim

spending the night: if you're going to do the regimen, you're going to want to do it every night and every morning. Just let your friend know you're doing the regimen, no big deal. I tell everybody. This gets a lot easier to do as you clear up too. Once you're clear you just say, "I gotta do the regimen to stay clear".

Bleaching clothes: This part sucks. It'll probably happen to a few things.

I stay the night at my friends house all the time. I just bring my bag of clothes, and put it in there. Before I go to bed I use the bathroom and i'm out of there in 5-10 minutes. Don't worry about it, do it! My head is lifted wherever I go now because I am clear!

Swimming/water does not wash BP off, it is already absorbed into your skin! As for being embarrassed.....I kind of was too, but once you initially tell them, "yeah, this is what i do to stay/get clear", its not a big deal. And you don't need to spend half an hour

I wash my face, brush my teeth, put BP on, and then put lotion on later when I feel like it. There is no waiting between the steps, and it works fine. That takes me about ten minutes.

Alright I think I'm going to go for it... I just got another tube of Retin-A since I'm currently on that so I'm going to wait a few days as I'll get the regimen supplies too. I'm about a month and a half in on Retin-A and my skin is on and off: one week clear the next not. This why I want to start the regimen. Thanks Dan and everyone for easing my mind.