Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
tommy_boi

Hot Water Or Cold

I wash my face with cold water all the time as ive been told not to wash from the sink as it contain bacteria, so i just wash with cold running water, but ive read somwhere that you should wash your face with the hottest water you can handle as this opens pores and helps get rid of oil and stuff, well what i want to know is how can i do this, i cant put hot water in the sink as it containt bacteria and i cant use it straight from the tap as it will be too hot to handle.?

I think it's a better idea to wash your face with warm water than hot water as hot water can be irritating to your skin, also I have noticed my skin produced more oil with hot water.

Mmmmm, strange i read on this acne website that you should wash with the hottest water possible, ok then well how do you wash your face then as i explained above it's hard washing straight from the tap and in the sink suppose to be full off bacteria.

Anymore info you guys could give me on this,? i mean do all of you wash your face out the sink with warm water or just stand the hot water coming out the tap and then wash.?

The regimen mentioned to use hot water in the morning for prep-shaving for guys but I couldn't find anywhere that said extremely hot water. Also I have sensitive skin, so that could be the main reason that hot water seems to irritate me.

Still not really answered my question, i really want to know how i can wash my face with warm or hot water but without washing out the sink bowl, as ive heard that can contain bacteria, not sure if this is true though? my taps at home when you run them hot water comes out straight away, and it's too hot just too use with your hands so it would have too go in the sink bowl mixed with cold water to get warm water, i would appreciate people telling me how they do it, what do you use do you wash straight from the sink bowl etc.?

I just wash right from the tap, the clear skin regimen also has video's showing how you should be washing your face etc.

I just splash hot water on my face to open my pores, put the cleanser on, and wash it off with cold water to close my pores.

Theres no need for "hot" water. Just wash up with warm water, but more leaning to hot, cleanse your skin, wash off, switch to cold, and splash with cold, pat dry.

Its pretty much already been said, Hot water will open the pores up, but if you do wash with hot/warm water be sure to finish with some cold to shrink the pores down again otherwise you are walking around with enlarged pores for a while increasing the chances of having stuff get into them and block them up.

I started to use much hotter water than I was before, just about as hot as I can stand. First thing I noticed was that I didnt get any more or less dry from it, as some people say it strips your skin of oil. Also I think it cleanses better and removes dead skin better. Because if you think about it, you shower and clean your hands and body using hot water because it kills bacteria. So I think the same would go for your face, just my opinion.

Guest Anubis

Do you have an old style sink with seperate hot and cold that don't mix? I've seen those. Warm water is the best IMO to wash with. I would not fill the sink cuz yes it is a bacteria play ground. If you need to mix the water use a clean salad bowl or something similar and put it in the sink.Then splash away!!

Ive found a method that kinda works, i just put my hands under the cold water tap then under the hot water tap untill the water is warm/hot then i spash my face, then splash with cold water, just another question i would like to ask to finish this off, whats the best water to shower in,? is it best to shower in hot water then finish off with cold,? or will the hot water irritate.

Do you have an old style sink with seperate hot and cold that don't mix? I've seen those. Warm water is the best IMO to wash with. I would not fill the sink cuz yes it is a bacteria play ground. If you need to mix the water use a clean salad bowl or something similar and put it in the sink.Then splash away!!