Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
cruella22

My MonoCycline Log

Hi I recently went to the dermatologist about two weeks ago and was diagnosed with two things: Acne and Seborrheic Dermatitis. Seborrheic Dermatitis is dandruff of the face, it is redness, scaling, irritation and flaking. The dermatologist said that this condition could easily be treated topically, but because acne is caused by a number of factors would have to see what works best for me. He gave me topical Hydrocortisone for the Seb. Dermatitis and an oral antibiotic (minocycline) for the acne.

Day 2: Have been applying the hydrocortisone to my face at night after washing. It is so greasy! I decide to stop using the hydrocortisone because of the petroleum (pore clogging) in the inactive ingredients.

Day 3: Skin is still red so decide to got to the drugstore to get some aloe gel, which ive never tried before. At this point I have already decided to forget the crappy regimen that the doctor gave me and decide to tell him that his advice was ridiculous the next time I see him. Who gives petroleum to patients with acne??? anyways, I stumble across the Hydrocortisone area of CVS and pick up a bottle of the CVS brand. I read the ingredients. No petroleum! My luck of course. The ingredients also had aloe! Double whammy! YEEEESSSSS. There were no other pore-cloggers in the tube so decided to buy it.

This is basically a hydrocortisone 1% and Minocycline regimen:

my routine:

Am: Wash face with Neutrogena Oil-Free Acne Wash

pat dry, apply Clinique #1 Clarifying Toner (This is not a big part of this regimen so does not include)

apply Hydrocortisone 1% cream to face (rub lightly in)

apply Neutrogena Visibly Firm Moisture Makeup spf 20 and dust with powder

pop 50 mg of Minocycline

Pm: Wash face with Neutrogena Oil-Free Acne Wash

pat dry, apply Clinique #1 Clarifying Toner (This is not a big part of this regimen so does not include)

apply Hydrocortisone 1% cream to face (rub lightly in)

I have been on this regimen for 2 weeks now and have seen MAJOR improvements. I would call this a 95% cure for me. This is the best thing that has ever happened to my skin from all the things I have tried for my acne. The Hydrocortisone is an inflammatiion reducer and also helps the acne. I put it on at night and my skin is not red in the morning. I put it on in the morning and when I take my makeup off at night, my skin is not red even after weearing all that makeup on my face. By the way, if any of you are wondering about the thinning of the skin from hydrocortisone, I don't know what to tell you. I don't use that much, if that helps. I only use 1%, not 2. But this regimen is working! I will keep updating.

Week 2: Skin is SO smooth. I have been getting so many compliments. I have one pimple on the side of my nose and two on the side on my cheek! Progress is really looking good. My makeup really helps to cover up the pimples that I have. I use Neutrogena Visibly Firm Moisture Makeup spf 20. They don't have many colors, but I use the rose cream (it has a pink colors in it) and then i dust over it with Neutrogena Helathy Defense powder in light . When you mix pink liquid foundations and go over them with a neutral matte powder, it gives skin a glow. It's really nice.

Week 2: I have noticed that I get oily at night and that this causes me to break out, so instead of "rubbing" the hydrocortisone 1% cream in all the way, I kind of just glide it on my face like dan's bp. It helps withstand the oil from surfacing. Anyways, progress is good, I have 3 pimples and some scars now!

Week 2: I have started to use Revlon Colorstay makeup since I have been hearing so many good things about it. This makeup is like a second skin! It makes my skin smoother and gets rid of dryness, and fakiness. It has cleared my skin up a little. There have only been 1 or 2 foundations that I have used that actually improved my skin, and this is the third. I could sleep in this makeup! I have about 2-3 pimples now and my scars are fading! There is much less redness too.

Week 2: Just two days have passed, guess what...my skin is completely clear!!! Nothing on my face! I swear that it is the incredible makeup Revlon Colorstay and the 1% hydrocortisone, they both get rid of redness, flakiness, and don't clog my pores. This is going to be my makeup forever, I'll wear it until I'm 82.....

Week 2: Just two days have passed, guess what...my skin is completely clear!!! Nothing on my face! I swear that it is the incredible makeup Revlon Colorstay and the 1% hydrocortisone, they  both get rid of redness, flakiness, and don't clog my pores. This is going to be my makeup forever, I'll wear it until I'm 82.....