Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

i read about this japanese soap, its from a company called ARSOA and its called queen silver soap. apparently it is supposed to be absolutely amazing and the best soap in the world due to the reviews its gotten (although there arent many reviews, in english at least) and i think many in north america have never heard of it. it takes 70 days to make and is made primerily out of valcanic rock. it has TONS of vitamins and minerals in it and is supposed to be phenomenal for acne. you can only get it online at Go4Soap.com. its like $38 per bar which is SOOO expensive for a bar of soap but worth it i hear. there are sample packs for like $2. has anyone ever tried it?

yea i know i read that review it was great the person was passionate about the soap. biggrin.gif no sorry i dont know what the shipping rate is. what is "IMO"?

IMO-in my opinion. Wow, I didn't even think there'd be a review of this on epinions.com; it's such an "off" brand. Now I HAVE to order a sample....

Hey, I just ordered some samples...the shipping for first class mail was only like 85 cents. Not only do they let you order more than one sample, they start actually discounting the samples if you do order more than one. Awesome! Can't wait to get it...I'll let you know how it is. My only fear now is that I'll love it and have to order the full size $38 bar--ouch.

I can't believe no one else has tried this...

Well my samples came yesterday. All the way from California to Michigan in 4 days--pretty quick for 85 cents. The soap samples are as tiny as I thought they would be--I got two bars and combined they weigh about a quarter of an ounce on my kitchen scale. I can see why it's called Queen Silver--it has a silvery metallic sheen to it. The scent is kind of old-ladyish in my opinion though.

So far I've washed with it three times and I like it. It leaves your skin soft and tight but not dry and painful. In order for me to cough up the cash for a full size bar though, it really will have to perform miracles. I should say my skin is 100% clear of active acne right now anyway. I've been using ACV as a toner and it works really REALLY well for me. My only skin issue now is some little clogged pores on my forehead that I really hate. My ultimate goal is to be able to go without using the ACV--it increases my sun sensitivity and I hate wearing sunblock. So, if the Queen Silver can get rid of my clogged pores while maintaining my skin in its presently clear state--then and only then will I fork over the $38 for the big bar.

Have you ever seen a Japanese person with awful skin? I can't recall as I ever have. This stuff is probably like Dial over there and they're having a good laugh at those who will pay the price it commands over here.

hey cordoruy...i cant seem to find the samples to order...can you help me out..maybe they sold out?

I can't believe no one else has tried this...

Well my samples came yesterday.  All the way from California to Michigan in 4 days--pretty quick for 85 cents.  The soap samples are as tiny as I thought they would be--I got two bars and combined they weigh about a quarter of an ounce on my kitchen scale.  I can see why it's called Queen Silver--it has a silvery metallic sheen to it.  The scent is kind of old-ladyish in my opinion though. 

So far I've washed with it three times and I like it.  It leaves your skin soft and tight but not dry and painful.  In order for me to cough up the cash for a full size bar though, it really will have to perform miracles.  I should say my skin is 100% clear of active acne right now anyway.  I've been using ACV as a toner and it works really REALLY well for me.  My only skin issue now is some little clogged pores on my forehead that I really hate.  My ultimate goal is to be able to go without using the ACV--it increases my sun sensitivity and I hate wearing sunblock.  So, if the Queen Silver can get rid of my clogged pores while maintaining my skin in its presently clear state--then and only then will I fork over the $38 for the big bar. 

Have you ever seen a Japanese person with awful skin?  I can't recall as I ever have.  This stuff is probably like Dial over there and they're having a good laugh at those who will pay the price it commands over here.

Okay, here's an update...I just found out Friday that I'm pregnant. This will be our third child. (totally unexpected, too!).

So that news is happy for me smile.gif but the worst possible news for my skin. evil.gif My skin was 100% clear last week and now thanks to pregnancy hormones, I practically have a cyst. I've got two big ones on my forehead now. The one I iced this morning, the other I picked at because I was so pissed.

So I don't know if I can give you a fair assessment of this soap anymore. If it does manage to get my skin clear again, then it's worth its weight in gold because nothing, I repeat NOTHING has ever kept my skin clear while I was pregnant.

Okay, here's an update...I just found out Friday that I'm pregnant.  This will be our third child.  (totally unexpected, too!).

So that news is happy for me  smile.gif but the worst possible news for my skin.  evil.gif My skin was 100% clear last week and now thanks to pregnancy hormones, I practically have a cyst.  I've got two big ones on my forehead now.  The one I iced this morning, the other I picked at because I was so pissed.

So I don't know if I can give you a fair assessment of this soap anymore.  If it does manage to get my skin clear again, then it's worth its weight in gold because nothing, I repeat NOTHING has ever kept my skin clear while I was pregnant.

Aww... congratulations on the baby!!  eusa_dance.gif

I hope something keeps you clear while you're pregnant!  At least it's temporary though.

I love kids.  I'm a kid myself though... well, pretty much (I'm 16  biggrin.gif )!

Thanks!!  I wish there was something that would keep me clear, but the problem is I'm afraid to use much of anything.  At least in a few months people will look at my belly more than my forehead!