Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
xmaddenlovato

a little help here..

sad.gif I've been on the Regimen for probably 2 months now, or around there. I would say my acne is in between mild and moderate. Last September I went and saw a dermatologist and obviously he thought my acne wasn't that bad because all he gave me was Cetaphil cleanser & moisturizer -- Didn't really help. Well since I have started the regimen, my acne is definitely under control and it's definitely better than it was before I ever started it. My acne isn't THAT bad, but it just NEVER goes away. NEVER. No matter what I do, it's always there.

So, getting to my point... I'm thinking of going back to see a dermatologist. I'm just afraid that he's going to give me something that won't work at all. What do you think he will suggest for my face??

Also, say I called a dermatologist tomorrow or later this week to make an appointment. Would my appointment be a long time from now or could they schedule an app. for me that is soon? thanks.

If it's working I don't see any reason why you would need to go back to your derm, just keep up with the regimen. I read a post earlier where someone said it took them 3 months to be clear, maybe it'll be no. 3 for you too?

I think damsel is referring to my post....it took me three months to clear up, same for my boyfriend and brother. In that three months i didn't even see an improvment. Then suddenly, VOILA!

I think damsel is referring to my post....it took me three months to clear up, same for my boyfriend and brother.  In that three months i didn't even see an improvment.  Then suddenly, VOILA!

I agree, stick with it and don't bother with a derm. You really have to be patient, some of the stuff that you're seeing now was already there before you started the regimen, you just couldn't see it. Hard to be patient I know but hang in there and be consistent!

Most of the time when the regimen doesn't work it is because people aren't following it closely. I noticed this with people I personally coach. They think they're following it but they're not. Then when I get them on the regimen precisely they clear up completely. So, check out http://www.acne.org/faq.html#notworking and also re-watch the videos at http://www.acne.org/video.html

Also, I'd be curious to hear exactly what you do morning and evening and what products you're using, and if you ever skip a day, and anything else you can think of here.