Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
acnef1ghter

Toothpaste on ACNE?

Everyone says this really works.... Tell me what you think... I sware atleast 10 people say put toothpaste on them... Have you ever tried it? Also what kind did you use?

If you plan on trying it I heard that the best kind would be the paste not the gel, and it's only good as a spot treatment.

It doesn't work on acne... Only one or two spots, but it really hurts the skin if you use it more than once in a week :S In my opinion anyhow. It merely dries on, can be great but it's not so good to put on over night. Although tasty when it gets on your pillow and then you lick it... that's random. I shut up now...

Toothpaste really fucked up my skin when I used it on some zits. I personally don't recommend it.

If you really really wanna give it a try, I suggest you make sure it's not a whitening paste or one that contains peroixde(s). Also, make sure you put it directly on the zit, and not the surrounding skin.

Benzoyl peroxide really doesn't work... So what should you reccommend... I want something that just dries up the Zit very good... BP is good for preventing acne but it doesnt really dry my zits up like i want them too....

Benzoyl peroxide really doesn't work... So what should you reccommend... I want something that just dries up the Zit very good... BP is good for preventing acne but it doesnt really dry my zits up like i want them too....

Be careful.....................

I used to get acne all around my mouth and it drove me crazy. I asked my derm about it and he said the breakouts were probably due to the toothpaste!!! He told me to switch to Tom's natural and alternate daily with baking soda and hydro peroxide to prevent breakouts. (Which worked, incidentally)

This was years ago, I use Crest and other "regular" toothpastes now without breaking out. But if you are going to use it as an acne cream, spot test it in one area for several weeks first!