Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

i've been making my own kefir from raw goats milk for at least a month or two now. and i'm not sure how to feel about it exactly. i originally had been using no dairy whatsoever, but started making my own kefir as i heard about its benefits as the ultimate probiotic. i thought there is a chance i had candida, and well, since i started drinking the kefir, for one reason or another, i am not really worried about the candida anymore. since i do not like to take any supplements of any kind, and prefer whole foods for everything, the kefir seems like a perfect solution for me.

i can't report any sure benefits or disadvantages to using it, so i was wondering if anyone else has noticed anything in particular. the only thing i can say that i might think is due to the kefir (but maybe not) is this strange light wet cough during eating. there will often be one cough during a meal (whether it includes kefir or not) where i will cough up some saliva. the two things that i think seem to aggravate this cough are either the kefir or flax seeds (as there are mucilengenous).

a little background: i think my acne is due to an inability to digest fats. i eliminated all fats (including nuts, olives, avocado) except for the kefir, raw egg yolks, (both of which i have about 3 times per week), and an occasional tablespoon of cold pressed organic olive oil and home ground flax seed. it seems that this has stopped new breakouts. and i will continue this at least until i am through with a few liver flushes. i have just begun the chinese bitters, coptis, gcg process with sensiblehealth tinctures.

read http://www.mercola.com/forms/kefir.htm

i used to eat it a lot. i would still eat it all the time if it weren't so expensive (i bought it at the health food store) or if it were easier to make...

then again, i never saw any improvement in my skin when i was eating it. it's not like it's going to cure acne all by itself. but i do think it's great for your overall health and could help your skin if used in conjunction with many other things.

thanks for your input.

could anything get much easier to make than kefir though? you just put the raw milk in a jar that has your 'kefir grains' and let it sit for a day or two, then drain, and refill!