Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Power5220

eating whole wheat bread

when i have sandwiches i use who wheat bread, which had fiber, which i read can prevent the absorption of zinc, is this true? and will it matter if i eat 2 slices of whole wheat bread a day?

I eat about a half-loaf of whole wheat bread everyday, I also eat mixed-grain. It's fine to eat and it's really good on your digestive system.

Yes for goodness sakes eat your fiber in whatever form. You need fiber to ensure proper digestion and in the case of meat, it helps it move along so that your body can abosrb the nutrients (Certain forms of fiber also help stabalize blood sugar). People who have trouble with meat rotting in their body don't get enough fiber so the meat just sits there and you don't absorb very much of anything.

Some say wat until you get 2-3 bowal movements a day but I say that's overkill (The biology I learned doesn't corrolate with this), so eat until you are able to pinch off a really good one once every day. doubt.gifmad.gifredface.gifbiggrin.gifeusa_whistle.gif

when i have sandwiches i use who wheat bread, which had fiber, which i read can prevent the absorption of zinc, is this true? and will it matter if i eat 2 slices of whole wheat bread a day?

it probably has to do with the iron in the bread zinc and iron interfere with each others activity just take zinc at a different time for best absorbtion

haha yeah some people just worry too much and then eliminating every possible food that they think caused their acne.

besides eating lots of wheat bread, i also eat lots of rice!! YUM!!

Nothing wrong with experimenting with diet- so long as you aren't undereating (and as long as it doesn't become your main focus in life). If you are a teen, this is probably hard, and yes... probably will lead to stress. However, from my own personal experience, changing my diet to a healthier diet is much less stressful than, say, attempting to gain muscle mass. THATis stressful. After a couple of months of working out and overeating constantly, my body absolutely hated me. I would assume that trying to lose fat would be equally stressful. Thusly, I could go and antagonize those body-conscious members... but I won't.

Tweaking your diet is not stressful (as long as you don't take these sarcastic comments to heart, and as long as you get enough calories/nutrients/variety). In fact, you could stand to learn quite a bit about yourself. More power to you if you decide to calmly, rationally, and non-compulsively monitor your diet long enough to test a hypothesis.