Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
gogomagicpixies

That nasty vinegar concoction

I have a problem.I always make things to be alot worse than they actually are.This was the case with acne.i went through the normal teenager phase (im 18 now) and all active acne ceased.However i was left with some red marks.Not too many,but my forehead looked quite bad but that was normally covered by my fringe.Anyway ive been reading this board for a year or so and last november i starting applying ACV to my face nightly.I saw progress,well i thought i did.

Basically all my red marks faded away to not much,but ive left myself with a rather fetching homemade vinegar tan thats been around for a good month.I mean areas where i never had acne have been discoloured and you can actually see the difference in colour between one area and another (saying that its prob just the obsessive me that sees it) Point of this thread is beware with vinegar.I didn't dilute and my face is rather marked in places.Im sure it will subside in time but form the moment its annoying.

Hey,

OMG i know exactly what u mean, i used ACV on my forehead and now i have this light tan their and that was over 7 months ago sad.gif It hasnt faded a bit. Damn vinegar.

Tom

I've read quite a bit concerning the use of ACV on the skin to fade red marks. What I do know is that if you only use ACV (which is acidic) to your face without balancing it out with a heavy base (baking soda), there may be some side effects. Unless, you did use baking soda in your regimen and still suffered from a light tan then I'm sorry I wasted your time reading this post. eusa_doh.gif

I was afraid something like this would happen! That is why I didn't try it. Thank you so much for posting this! I knew this home-remedy was 'too good to be true'!

lol i tired ACV too n i do thik it made my face worst

cuz on the red\brown scars i got these lil "bumps" and ya my skin did look a lil un even ? in color?

ya so i stopped n i do want to try this other remedie taht has baking sodea in it too.. but i dotn know if i should use ACV again :S