Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
SteveLewis

Items to help with the side effects of Accutane

Which Aquaphor am I looking for? There are four that I've seen. Is it the original ointment that costs 16.99 for the 14oz. tub or the 1.75 oz. healing ointment tube?

I'm already getting refresh liquigel for my eyes. I have jojoba oil for my dry skin and I'll pick up cetaphil or something else if the oil isn't cutting it. I'll also probably get some burt's bees and carmex for my lips. Anything else I should be getting?

Maybe pick up some cortizone cream for if you get those red bumps on your arms or hands. Otherwise, sounds like you got it covered.

Which Aquaphor am I looking for? There are four that I've seen. Is it the original ointment that costs 16.99 for the 14oz. tub or the 1.75 oz. healing ointment tube?

1.75oz

there's no way you'd get through a 14 oz tub unless you rubbed it all over your body for a month! lol.gif

(i have yet to finish my 1.75 oz tube and i've been using it religiously for the past four months)

Maybe pick up some cortizone cream for if you get those red bumps on your arms or hands.  Otherwise, sounds like you got it covered.

ok, so I am not the only person who is getting those? btw, Jergens lotion does fine in getting rid of those.

i would suggest you take a joint therapy supp like gluc/chon/msm as well as FISH/FLAX oil and LOTS OF IT. and use cetaphil as a skin conditioner. i also used palmer's lip balm and an extra sensitive facial moisturizer.

Whatever you do, do not take vitamin E supplements on tane because some one says that it helps with tane side effects.

It causes your glands to produce more oil which is opposite of what tane is trying to do.

I'm already getting refresh liquigel for my eyes. I have jojoba oil for my dry skin and I'll pick up cetaphil or something else if the oil isn't cutting it. I'll also probably get some burt's bees and carmex for my lips. Anything else I should be getting?

I hated aquaphor. it coated my lips and did not moisturize. I love Neosporin LT lip treatment. Really moisturizing and good. Another tip, drink a LOT of water.