Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

Well i complain about my acne a lot and i think it is caused by the corporation.

ok before everyone shuts down my idea please listen.

OK people say that some acne is hormonal and this is probobly true. But its weird that 20+ years ago acne wasnt a big problem as it is now.

this is the reson i think i have acne. as a kid i just washed my face with water and everything went good. so that was good. but as i got older i started eating fast food and just a lot of junk. for a while it was ok. at about 11 i got a pimple and i didnt really care. by age 12 it still wasnt bad at all but instead of waiting it out i started using acne products.

i think this was my first problem. if people in the past 10 20 years ago didnt have to use all of these problems then why do we need to use them. So now when you go to the store there is many products out there that you can use, but if you do use them you end up being addicted to them. cause if you think your acne is gone and you stop using the product it comes right back.

This is why companies like accutane and proactive stay alive. Their products are so expensive but are easily advertized. SO people having acne really benefits them. why would they make a cure for acne? with a cure for acne many of these big companies with be shut down.

so im 16 now and i got tired of all of the expensive acne products. so i actually started not to care at all so i just stopped using anything. i just stopped caring. oh and also i didnt have any money to buy anything anyway. so im not using anything at all and it seems to be doing pretty good.

I believe a cure for acne with not be advertized publically or anytime soon. Why stop acne when you are making sooooo much money on addicted people.

i think it is exactly like cigarettes . we should all know that cigarettes arent ever going to go away because they are too addicting and they make to much money.

so post what you think about all of this positive or negative

Guest Amy Lee

I think there's no 'Acne Secret Cure'. It just so happens that some products are crap, well most of them, can aggravate our acne problems. So people who have acne go to the stores and find some over-the-counter without knowing if it will help or not. Like when people self-medicate by experimenting with different skin care products one after another if they don't get the results they want to see in the previous one.

Neutrogena, Proactiv, Accutane etc. continue their businesses because there are people buying them. When there are consumers, there will be producers. When there is demand, there is production.

I think you are on the right track with your junk food diet causing your diet. There is a reason why western civilizations have less of an acne problem than us, and I believe their diet has something to do with it. Whether they carry acne genes or not I have no idea, but their lack of "junk" in their diet probably helps reduce their flare ups.

I'm not sure about the whole nobody would let an acne secret out of the bag thing. Whatever company came up with it would be filthy rich, more so than they could ever sell their cleansing products for. Also that'd be kind of inhumane to hold a secret like that back, almost like a cure for cancer not being told.

but there has to be a logical reason for all of the new acne customers.

if it wasnt a big problem people wouldnt waste their money on a bunch of problems.

well i dont think america would let a cure out of the bag. and why would a person that had a cure be rich. he tells it to 1 thousand people and then it gets posted on the internet and there is no use to buy the secret anymore.

you say it would be inhumane but lots of people die from smking everyday an noone has done anything about that

Well i complain about my acne a lot and i think it is caused by the corporation.

ok before everyone shuts down my idea please listen.

OK people say that some acne is hormonal and this is probobly true. But its weird that 20+ years ago acne wasnt a big problem as it is now.

this is the reson i think i have acne. as a kid i just washed my face with water and everything went good. so that was good. but as i got older i started eating fast food and just a lot of junk. for a while it was ok. at about 11 i got a pimple and i didnt really care. by age 12 it still wasnt bad at all but instead of waiting it out i started using acne products.

fast food contains xenoestrogens which act as female sex hormones in the body, which is why young girls are hitting puberty, having menarche and growing breasts and secondary sexual characteristics at increasingly younger ages on average in the west. this does not affect male sex hormone levels directly, and so does not directly affect acne which has its hormonal basis in androgens (male sex hormones). of course an unhealthy diet not least one involving fast food is very unhealthy and potentially acnegenic for many other reasons, including insulin spikes from sudden high intake of sugar; things cooked in vegetable oils; dairy; processed and refined carbohydrates, etc.

i think this was my first problem. if people in the past 10 20 years ago didnt have to use all of these problems then why do we need to use them. So now when you go to the store there is many products out there that you can use, but if you do use them you end up being addicted to them. cause if you think your acne is gone and you stop using the product it comes right back.

most commercial over-the-counter heavily-marketed acne products are actually designed for the majority of acne sufferers, who suffer from mild acne. many of these products actually work for people with mild acne. they do not tend to be as effective if at all in significantly alleviating acne for those with moderate to severe acne, and definitely not for those with cystic acne. these people are wasting their time and money on such products, and need to either take a natural approach (see my natural acne program linked below) or take prescription topicals, antibiotics, accutane, or anti-androgenic oral contraception.

This is why companies like accutane and proactive stay alive. Their products are so expensive but are easily advertized. SO people having acne really benefits them. why would they make a cure for acne? with a cure for acne many of these big companies with be shut down.

it is actually illegal to advertise prescription medicine directly to a consumer (which is why drug advertisements are legally obligated to say "ask your doctor about ___"). Accutane is the closest modern dermatology has come to a cure for acne, as it is an astonishingly effective method of control in the majority of cases while acne's underlying hormonal factor of excess male sex hormones self-resolves with time (in the vast majority of cases). also we have oral contraceptives which elevate female sex hormones thereby suppressing male sex hormones, with the effect that the latter do not overstimulate oil gland receptors any longer into overproducing sebum. If you cannot afford Accutane you can either get it covered by health insurance or participate in Roche's (the maker of Accutane) Accutane Sponsorship program whereby with a letter of support from your dermatologist they will pay for your entire treatment. I know someone personally who obtained this financial support and it is actually quite a straightforward application. Proactiv is expensive because it is an aggressively commercial product, but should be avoided by all but those with mild acne willing to maintain the regimen indefinitely or until the underyling hormonal imbalance eventually self-resolves, as a lapse in the regimen will lead the skin's oil glands to sense the dryness from the benzoyl peroxide and compensate by overproducing oil, ergo breakout.

so im 16 now and i got tired of all of the expensive acne products. so i actually started not to care at all so i just stopped using anything. i just stopped caring. oh and also i didnt have any money to buy anything anyway. so im not using anything at all and it seems to be doing pretty good.

generally when it comes to cleansing for those with acne, less really IS more. the biggest mistake people is using soap as that dries out skin so your oil glands then make more oil to lubricate the skin, ergo breakout. very important though to moisturize after shower as even washing with just water actually dries out your skin, potentially breaking you out. a cheap simple non-comedogenic moisturizer with ideally all natural ingredients, such as based on aloe vera, jojoba or emu oil, is excellent. a mild cleanser such as nivea baby milk or even no cleanser at all is fine. most people who overuse products for acne, if they just stop using all their crap and then use nothing at all, ACTUALLY find that their acne gradually begins to improve.

I believe a cure for acne with not be advertized publically or anytime soon. Why stop acne when you are making sooooo much money on addicted people.

don't be ridiculous, there is no "hidden" cure for acne. why would a pharmaceutical company, say XYZ Pharmaceuticals, that was capable of developing a more effective version of accutane with significantly fewer or none of the side-effects, give a rat's ass about whether Procter & Gamble and Johnson & Johnson and all of their subsidiaries instantly lost their market for spotty teenagers who would no longer buy their overpriced face washes when all they needed to do was take a cure-all pill? it is a basic rule of economics that if a person or company sees an opportunity and has the means to supply a demand they will supply that demand no matter if this potentially bankrupts other companie. it's survival of the most profitable, and a company will always emerge that can best adapt to the consumer environment, in this case that can deliver a better product than the competitors. the fact that in the 23 years since accutane's being patented and in the 3 years since that patent expired, we still have not seen a drug for acne anywhere near as effective, only suggests how difficult acne is to treat (pharmaceutically, at least) in a truly effective and lasting manner. don't think that there are not companies out there right now, both pharmaceutical and cosmetic, that aren't seriously working their asses of trying to "cure" acne-- they know that if THEY come up with the best product first they are guaranteed a market (teenagers) with incredible spending power (allowances and part-time jobs but no bills to pay), plus all those with adult acne, and that this guarantees immense profit. such a company would not care that they are "stealing" this market away from other companies (the always-advertising skincare companies) . that's business. if there's money to be made from delivering a certain product to a certain market that demands said product, you can bet that someone somewhere will do whatever it takes to deliver that product. acne has eluded any such magic-bullet cure because it is a physiologically complex condition that is only just beginning to be understood.

i think it is exactly like cigarettes . we should all know that cigarettes arent ever going to go away because they are too addicting and they make to much money.

interesting comparison with cigarettes. the main reason cigarettes will remain a legal product for at least a long time hence, regardless of increasing restrictions on when and where you can smoke, is actually because every government saves incalculable sums of money in old-age support costs from the fact that the average smoker dies 3-5 years earlier than the average non-smoker. the amount of money this saves society is immense and is actually many times more than the amount of money it costs to hospitalize and care for smokers suffering from ill health as a result of their habit; smokers actually pay into the system far more than they take out, this has been proven (http://www.smokingsection.com/swafr.htm) to say nothing of the status of cigarerette manufacturers which had decades to establish themselves as legitimate, influential, powerful and immensely profitable global brands long before the present awareness of the full extent of smoking's detriments.

so post what you think about all of this positive or negative

it seems that antony knows what he is talking about. im not saying that there is a cure for acne, im saying that if there was then industries still wouldnt tell anyone cause they make too much money.

or i could be wrong and one could make a lot of money off of it. the thing is that people care sooo much about how they look these days. It seems that beauty is the thing that everyone wants. This is portrayed by the media.

and i think the reason that cigarettes will always be legal is because they are a big part of the economy. But once a person gets addicted its hard for them to stop. same with alchohol

this is why marijuana will never be legal. if it was legal the price of it would go down way too much. it isnt addicting so you cant guarantee people will smoke it.

Marijuana being legal doesn't have anyhting to do with price as they could easily make tens of billions on a Sin tax. In America, the reason certain things are legal, and certain things aren't, and why certain stupid restrictions or guidelines are out on many things like foods and additives is because of lobbyists. They hold an immense amount of power in Washington, so much so that if you had billions to spend you could basically buy any legislation or study you wanted. Although I wouldn't be surprised if social security played into it, the amount saved in those years a smoker dies earlier if more than offset by the taxes they pay over the course of their lives.

If I ever become rich I'm going to set up all these studies that I've wanted to do and independantly get some conclusions. I think that's what Bill Gates or Michael Dell should have done with some of their collective 30 billion they have set up for charity. I would also do somethign very ironic and set up a powerful lobby to kick lobbyists out of Washington, and then dissolve my lobby(Or else turn it into a powerful watchdog).

Tobacco itself isnt' very bad (It's bad but not more so than fast food and the like). It's the hundreds of other chemicals that they put into it that makes it so bad and addicting.

This is the same reason why they don't have a cure for Cancer. Well, actually we do have a cure for most cancers, but why put one out when the drug companies make so much money? The government makes kick backs from the drug companies as well. There is probably a cure for acne, but they won't release it because acne products make billions a year.

im not saying that there is a cure for acne, im saying that if there was then industries still wouldnt tell anyone cause they make too much money.