Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

I'm heading off to Ibiza in 2 weeks and I need some recommendations for some non-comio suncream. Any suggestions?

Coppertone Oil Free Faces Sunblock or Coppertone Ultrasheer Faces Sunscreen. Basically, the Coppertone Faces line. Enjoy your time in Ibiza. smile.gif

Guest SuzanneWW

i have the same question but mine will need to be hypallergenic too. i'm off to turkey in just over 3 weeks and am terrified as i can't remember the last time i went out the house with no coverup on (!)

anywho.....i've found a banana boat one but it's spf 23 which i think is a bit too high for me.

the other i've found is soltan but it's doesn't say that it's oil-free although can i take it as read as it's a lotion???

SuzanneWW, I'm sorry but I couldn't understand the last sentence in your post. Anyway, SPF 23 is an weird number for a SPF rating but it's definitely not a lot if you're going to be in the beating sun. I'd recommend at least SPF 30 for such exposure. SPF 15 is just enough for "here-and-there" contact with the sun. If the soltan product doesn't claim it's oil-free, I'd recommend avoiding it. Here's a link to the Coppertone Oil-Free Faces Sunblock and the Coppertone Ultrasheer Faces Sunscreen. If you sweat a lot, the Ultrasheer will be a problem because it's so light and it'll probably wash away with your sweat (ew).

Guest SuzanneWW

thanks for the response. do coppertone do a lower spf? i've alway used spf 15 and been ok but now i get spots obviously what i use i have to be careful (in terms of oil free non com etc)

the banana boat one i've found i can only see on their website - i am yet to find it in an actual shop to purchase.

Guest SuzanneWW

no worries - our Asda Wallmart sells some but not all of the range. But i've managed to find a lady from USA on Ebay selling what I wanted so I've ordered some off her. Have also bought some bananna boat from them direct in the UK.

Thanks for your help anyway though!