Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

do you think electric shavers are bad for acne? i have an expensive one that was given to me as a gift, and it doesnt feel as good as a old standard razor, it almost feels like its irritaitng my skin.

It shouldn't do. I've got an electric shaver and use it whenever i have cysts - it's really reassuring to know that you're not going to slice and cause scars. However, I prefer a wet shave and usually do this when there's only patches of hyper-pigmentation on my face as shaving is a good exfoliatiion method (I think).

Back to topic... I think there are some pre-electric shaving lotions that you can buy to avoid irritation.

yeh, i don't use my electric shaver anymore coz i am lazy and don't shave till the hairs are too long anyway. but i used to find myself pushing too hard with an electric shaver because i was used to the razor taking so much less time and cutting the hairs directly as i brought the razor over them. This meant that the electric razor was more irritating for me and i prefer the razor now.