Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Damsel

People already bugging me

Ok, just starting day 5 of Dan's regimen, skin starting to look a bit clearer but I have one problem... people trying to convince me to use other things like... oh why not use ProActive, my dentist has a friend who uses it and thinks it's amazing. One girl at work told me to rub lime juice over my face, aaak sounds like more irritation to my already irritated face. Is there any way to make them stop? HELP!! eusa_wall.gif

Not really.

People who have never really had to deal with persistent or severe acne, tend to give you all these silly (although they ARE trying to be helpful) suggestions.

My boyfriend kept talking about proactive, and finally I told him one day, that "Proactive is just a scam, so stop suggesting it."

But you gotta remember that they are just trying to be helpful.

Just tell them you're trying something you think is helping and want to give that a chance.

Guest Amy Lee

yeah what ms meow just said... wink.gif

Just be thankful at least to them kinds of people, at least they care and show concern by trying to help. It's better than neglecting you as if your acne is not visible... that's what I can't stand haha mad.gif

Some of them may not have had suffered from acne so the advices they can be sharing are not that wise, be skeptic and at the same time listen, so they won't think you don't find them credible.

Cheers.

This is why we need an unbiased study comparing different regimens. Then you can tell people, "Well, this regimen was shown to work much better than any other ones in a study". I'm workin' on getting that to happen.

Just tell them "thank you, I'll keep that in mind", then you can either ignore their advice or save it for later in the back of your mind. biggrin.gif

That usually will hush people up, but is polite at the same time.

Brandy

Not really.

People who have never really had to deal with persistent or severe acne, tend to give you all these silly (although they ARE trying to be helpful) suggestions.

My boyfriend kept talking about proactive, and finally I told him one day, that "Proactive is just a scam, so stop suggesting it."

But you gotta remember that they are just trying to be helpful.

Ok, just starting day 5 of Dan's regimen, skin starting to look a bit clearer but I have one problem... people trying to convince me to use other things like... oh why not use ProActive, my dentist has a friend who uses it and thinks it's amazing. One girl at work told me to rub lime juice over my face, aaak sounds like more irritation to my already irritated face. Is there any way to make them stop? HELP!! eusa_wall.gif