Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
kooky

Isolagen in the US

Does anyone have any news on the FDA approval of Isolagen? I just wonder if something is going on. Their stock (ILE) has plummetted in the last couple of months and their CEO has resigned. Hopefully, it's not a bad harbinger and won't have effect on their plans to get it approved in the next year.

Hi Kooky, when I emailed them last year in Mar.04' they told me that they expected approval in Mid 05' maybe June.

But when I emailed the same lady I've been communicating with for 2 years in Mar. of this year, she told me she could no longer answer my questions (company policy) and to watch the website for updates.

So not much help. But the original expectation was this year. FWIW. :o) Sugarpaw

I just found your original post and have some info to share. I was interested in Isolagen as well and recently asked Dr. Lask of UCLA who was one of the investigators in one of the clinical trials of Isolagen about it. He had two comments. He said the company didn't seem to have a clear direction and the product itself didn't offer dramatic results. So, I'm thinking this product isn't going to help much.

Chandler

From what I've read and heard, the product itself is good, not great, for acne scars if injected properly and when combined with subcision. But it may just be the subcision that is helping the scars...hard to pinpoint. I heard the company and management, on the other hand, are horrible and incompetent. Like hiring someone and paying them $400,000/yr without any specific role within the company.